loveboy_lion Config

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
loveboy_lion said:
I only reformat Since I Like to Install everything from Scratch , avoiding unwanted stuff so that my system keeps performing well without registry and file errors and I love the Fact that it only Takes me 30min max to install the operating system with all updates and all software

I assume you don't believe in uninstallers like Revo Uninstaller, etc? Why won't you just use that?

Yes, even though it's easy to reformat with programs that allow you to install drivers, softwares, etc. quickly it does take time :biggrin: but you're happy with it so that's okay.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Revo Uninstaller etc are a good way of of uninstalling softwares
But another reason of reformating is the fact that I create updated Win7 Os with all the updated drivers tweaks etc every month to install on my clients systems so that I dont have to update everytime which saves lot of my Time and Resources but the problem is that i can test the 32bit versions on vmware but i cannot test 64bit versions on vmware due to my processor limitations so i have to test them on my laptop itself
Between if you want to know how to create your own updated copy you can visit here http://www.rt7lite.com/

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I only reformat Since I Like to Install everything from Scratch , avoiding unwanted stuff so that my system keeps performing well without registry and file errors and I love the Fact that it only Takes me 30min max to install the operating system with all updates and all software

I am like that as well, but it takes me alot longer than 30 min to re-install,do updates and programs...I take my time cause i'd be burnt out if I did everything all day long.
I'm still installing stuff as I type from a couple days ago

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
@ MRF71
Not sure how you install windows but i am guessing you install using a dvd thats why it takes you longer i suppose and i think you use photoshop which to my knowledge when i last time installed it on my client computer took me around 30 mins for installation and this really was frustrating

I install windows using bootable usb that way windows along with updates installs within 15min and if i do install using DVD it takes me 30-40min(so i avoid DVD installation)

yea i understand installing softwares after windows is the worst part but i save time since i always make a list of trusted softwares that i want to install before formating and always keep their updated installations(most of the time i copy installation files of softwares i want to install in a folder in the windows installation usb)
also i always install softwares that need restart and security softwares at last to speed installations

I only do so cause i want to finish my job as early and quickly as possible so that i dont waste my clients time and my time so that they get their pc in no time
I also keep a bootable Linux in case i want to save data useful to them from their windows drive
this way i am called more often to format then to repair their infected pc which makes me earn more money in less time

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
loveboy_lion said:
@ MRF71
Not sure how you install windows but i am guessing you install using a dvd thats why it takes you longer i suppose and i think you use photoshop which to my knowledge when i last time installed it on my client computer took me around 30 mins for installation and this really was frustrating

I install windows using bootable usb that way windows along with updates installs within 15min and if i do install using DVD it takes me 30-40min(so i avoid DVD installation)

yea i understand installing softwares after windows is the worst part but i save time since i always make a list of trusted softwares that i want to install before formating and always keep their updated installations(most of the time i copy installation files of softwares i want to install in a folder in the windows installation usb)
also i always install softwares that need restart and security softwares at last to speed installations

I only do so cause i want to finish my job as early and quickly as possible so that i dont waste my clients time and my time so that they get their pc in no time
I also keep a bootable Linux in case i want to save data useful to them from their windows drive
this way i am called more often to format then to repair their infected pc which makes me earn more money in less time

Yea I use a dvd which doesn't take too long but then are the drivers again not very long, then updates, then my ton of programs, then I have to configure the majority of them. plus some OS tweaks it adds up lol

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Edit
Removed Trustport net Security 2013 and Exploit shield

Added Comodo Internet security 6 (Fully Virtualized using Reg Edit)

Dual Boot with Ubuntu

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
My wife is the same way, that's why I have EXE Radar Pro in lockdown extreme mode (password protected) and even if she clicks something nothing can run because i've tested ERP with some nasty malware and nothing gets through! I'm not worried anyways cause my browsers open in sandboxie and it's 99.9% bulletproof the way I have it configured. btw all my RT security is password protected so people can't turn off the protection.

dgcaller

Sep 11, 2013
Hi Loveboy_lion,

Here is my system config
Netgear router with Zone Alarm

Desktop PC
Win XP PRo version 2002 SP3
Intel DuoCore CPU, 2.95 GHz
2 GB RAM, 500GB HDD
Avira antivirus (installed yesterday, replacing AVG)
Zemana AntiLogger Free
Ran Adwcleaner 2 days ago
user: Diane (sysadmin)
PC knowledge - advanced, built system myself, installed OS and all SW, built and set up my wired and wireless network
security knowledge - intermediate see below
•NO User knows how to distinguish a signed installer from an unsigned one.
• NO User knows how to create a full partition backup.
• YES User knows what processes and services usually run on his/her computer and how he/she can terminate one of them.
• YES User knows what processes and services run at startup and he/she can prevent one of them from loading.
•U YES User knows how to edit the Windows registry.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"Real-time Protection: UnThreat Antivirus , Webroot SecureAnywhere , Zemana Antilogger , Windows Firewall"
Are you using both firewall, WSA firewall + window firewall or one WSA firewall is off

also are you not feeling O&O Defrag is slow because one time i tried it and it taking too much time compare to my regular one auslogic disk defrag.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.