Mini Spy

Latest Threads

1. HitmanPro CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY: REVO UNINSTALLER PRO GIVEAWAY

Get a free license key for Revo Uninstaller Pro. We are giving away free Revo Uninstaller Pro keys for our awesome members!

(LIVE) Get now a Revo Uninstaller Pro license key!

2. CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY: SPYSHELTER PREMIUM GIVEAWAY

Get a free license key for SpyShelter Premium. We are giving away free SpyShelter Premium keys for our awesome members!

(LIVE) Get now a SpyShelter Premium license key!

Mac OS X version 10.7 is now live in the Mac App Store.

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Jack, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Jack

Jack Administrator MalwareTips Staff

After a year of anticipation, Apple has finally let loose its biggest cat - Lion - in the Mac App Store.

[​IMG]

More details

2. Jack

Nothing is perfect and everything can be 'hacked'...it's just a matter of popularity.... once the cyber criminals will turn their head towards OS X..... we will really see how secure this OS really is.
    I must admit that ASLR technique sounds very good and will give a run for their money to the cyber crooks.

3. LoftedAphid86

LoftedAphid86 Super Moderator

Unix gives it a distinct advantage in security right off the bat, so the combination of it and ASLR gives Mac OSX a distinct advantage over most other Operating Systems, notably Windows, as far as security is concerned.

4. Shadow Death

Shadow Death Regular Member

Only for now, but as people make it more popular it WILL be exploited. I fear that with Apple not having any real threats when they do get hit it will be very hard.

I recall the guys at the college giving Micro$oft flack for using the Windows Moble interface for Windows 8. They didn't laugh or say anything when I said the same thing about Lion using the iOS interface. :rolleyes:

I don't care who uses what idea so long as there is a way to turn it off. Honestly, I wish Apple would make the Apple OS general purpose like Windows so you can run it on custom built computers.

5. Huracan

Huracan Administrator MalwareTips Staff

Looks like it's causing more problems for the early adopters using Lion, even some with clean installs.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/23/mac-os-x-lion-whats-broken-or-working-for-you/

6. silviu_c

silviu_c New Member

What Windows version are we talking about here? XP ? Fine. Granted. If we are going to talk about W7, then I really do not see it being inferior to any Unixy OS security wise or any other way... With the inclusion of ASLR, Mac OS X is finally up to par with other systems. Linux has had ASLR for a long time, Windows has it since Vista...

7. silviu_c

silviu_c New Member

By the way, here's a piece of news :
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/26/mac_password_stealer/

But, then again, any machine that can be accessed in a physical way has very low chance of not getting pwned.

8. Jack

Security comes with a price.....And as the OS X market share will grow , Apple will be forced to add other security layers.

9. Fluxon

Fluxon New Member

The Siberian Tiger is the largest cat, even larger than a Lion. So, Mac OSX Tiger was the biggest cat released by them...

10. iPanik

iPanik Regular Member

according to the reviews and the piles of complaints about things that are now broken and more difficult, i can't stop thinking about the release of Vista.
    Is OS X Lion, apples vista?