Status
Not open for further replies.

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

The Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 reportedly had 280 passengers and 15 crew members when it went down in a war-torn region of Ukraine.

article-plane2-0717.jpg
FlightAware Reports show the flight was heading from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.
A Malaysia Airlines passenger plane was reportedly shot down in Ukraine near the Russian border Thursday.

The Boeing 777 had 280 passengers and 15 crew members, Interfax reported citing an an aviation industry source.

Political tensions and violent have been high in eastern Ukraine near the Russian border.

Flight Aware shows the flight was heading from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, the main international airport in the Netherlands, to Kuala Lumpur International Airport outside Kuala Lumpur, the most populous city of Malaysia.

hkg9945957.jpg

MANAN VATSYAYANA/AFP/Getty Images Airport groundstaff walk past Malaysia Airlines planes parked on the tarmac at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang on June 17, 2014.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ussian-border-article-1.1870413#ixzz37k00UuZf

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
It seems like the plane was shot down by the pro-russian forces after they have mistaken them with an Ukranian military plane. 295 people died.

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
Jesus Christ...I've just heard it. May they rest in peace.

Thinking about what comes AFTER this is even more terrifying, especially in an already-heated situation. This can't go unanswered.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
They do not have weapons(Ground-To-Air Missile)
Western media distort the facts;)

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014

Well, not at this caliber at least. I mean, the thing flied at 10km height! I do believe the rebels are to blame though. They must've thought it's an Ukrainian bomber and shot it down.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013

Uhhmm as ex-Army here (7 years) i can tell you beyond the reasonable doubt that Pro Russian rebels do have AA capacity and shoulder based missiles that can take out a airliner like this. Keep in mind 10KM might be high up, but for a stinger based weapon its peanuts specially because the Airplane only cruises at less then 800Kmph. However generally shoulder based weapons do not reach that far.
Fact however is that missile based weapon systems have been documented as being hardware the Pro-Russian rebels have access to.

Also bullet based auto flak can take down the airplane just like that. Not to mention that they get most of their weapons from uncle Putin.
So its not western media distorting things. On top of that Uncle of mine is in Ukraine as he is military part of UN advisors group.
These rebels do have AA capability (Older type) but effective enough to shoot down a freaking slow airliner.

Cheers

Last edited:

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Probably some covert western intelligence operation with the goal to further heat up the western media against Russia, and I say this as a resident of a NATO country. You cannot trust anything in the news. You only have to ask yourself one question: who profits the most from events like these? That's where the perpetrators are.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Probably some covert western intelligence operation with the goal to further heat up the western media against Russia, and I say this as a resident of a NATO country. You cannot trust anything in the news. You only have to ask yourself one question: who profits the most from events like these? That's where the perpetrators are.

Well its just as Western covert as its Russian covert. Its worth more then anything to EU to have Ukraine, its priceless for US to see Ukraine as borderline between Russia and the West. And its absolute VITAL for Russia to avoid the west getting their way.
So both sides have serious interests here. There are no winners here only losers.
But this dates back from the high of the cold war times...
And that being said the West has done ENOUGH bad things in this region, however Russia has done its equal share, the only difference is that they lost their puppet president and now they face a pro western puppet president.

Trust me when i say that there is none benefiting the most from it. It can only set EU and Russia on fire if things go wrong.
And you and me as NATO civilians have the biggest interest here as we will get caught in the middle when this goes wrong..

Think about it.

Reactions: Mateotis

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
portable anti-aircraft missile cannot reach 10000 Km. Max range is 5000 Km.

And I don't think rebels have advanced anti-aircraft missile. Those are quite high tech. Needs a vehicle with radars in it. Its hard to hide those weapons.

I don't think that pro Russians rebels have the capability to do that.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
portable anti-aircraft missile cannot reach 10000 Km. Max range is 5000 Km.

And I don't think rebels have advanced anti-aircraft missile. Those are quite high tech. Needs a vehicle with radars in it. Its hard to hide those weapons.

I don't think that pro Russians rebels have the capability to do that.

The Soviet-built BUK surface-to-air missile launcher believed to have brought down Malaysian Airline flight MH17 at 33,000ft
BUK surface-to-air launchers designed to engage aircraft and cruise missiles
Can easily take down a large plane up to an altitude of 75,000 feet
BUK launchers were first developed in the Soviet Union in the late 1970s

Lol you sure about that? Lmao These weapons have been documented by: CNN, Reuters, Interfax and RussiaToday (RT)
Also a little Google search will brighten up your day here.
Pro Russian rebels have captured various weapons from Ukrainian bases early on in the conflict, secondly it has been proven beyond the reasonable doubt that soviet era weapons are crossing the borders every single day, from Tanks, Apc's, Grad's and other hardware.
Its not even subject to debate.
However it is not clear yet if this is a malfunction, human error, terrorist attack or a military strike.
Either way lots of people died, and given the nations involved this will only increase the difficulties....

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

The Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 reportedly had 280 passengers and 15 crew members when it went down in a war-torn region of Ukraine.

article-plane2-0717.jpg
FlightAware Reports show the flight was heading from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur.
A Malaysia Airlines passenger plane was reportedly shot down in Ukraine near the Russian border Thursday.

The Boeing 777 had 280 passengers and 15 crew members, Interfax reported citing an an aviation industry source.

Political tensions and violent have been high in eastern Ukraine near the Russian border.

Flight Aware shows the flight was heading from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, the main international airport in the Netherlands, to Kuala Lumpur International Airport outside Kuala Lumpur, the most populous city of Malaysia.

hkg9945957.jpg

MANAN VATSYAYANA/AFP/Getty Images Airport groundstaff walk past Malaysia Airlines planes parked on the tarmac at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang on June 17, 2014.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ussian-border-article-1.1870413#ixzz37k00UuZf
You cannot trust anything in the news !

Last edited:
Reactions: Chromatinfish 123
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.