Battle Malicious Web URL Blocking (Malware, Trojan, Rootkit, Phishing, Adware, Worm, Spyware, ... etc)

Rebsat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Which Internet Security Suites or Anti-Malware will you prefer is the best in terms of "Web Browsing Protection" and why???
Thank you guys for participating and sharing your opinions :)

Last edited:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Adguard is based on the information provided by WOT so it is really based on the community comments and votes. Personally I have used bitdefender and Avira and have been really good to me. I've also seen that Panda and Webroot has really good web protection as well.

Reactions: Rebsat

Rebsat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
@Huracan @Umbra Guys, based on your great experience in the world of computer security; I would be greatly appreciate it if you could suggest me any other alternative softwares or browser extensions which are effective in terms of Malicious Web URL Blocking.

BTW, this is the latest Malware Blocking and Malicious Web URL Blocking Chart for
most of the Internet Security Suites by Neil J. Rubenking - Lead Analyst for Security at PC Magazine:
PC Magazine

Thank you for your big support brothers;)

Last edited:

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
@user102 Could you look at the link that I have added to my above post and then give me your opinion.
Thank you very much bro ;)

Oh, i forgot about that. Well.............i watched Malware Security, ThePCSecurityChannel, and MalwareDoctor test those software i mentioned and when it come to malicious URL blocking i definitely say BitDefender and Emsisoft is the best for my opinion, and Qihoo 360 is alright.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
You believe those PC Magazine tests Qihoo scored 75% Malware Detection :) Look at Virus Exchange posts and you'll see how Qihoo really detects malware.

D

Deleted member 178

@Huracan @Umbra Guys, based on your great experience in the world of computer security; I would be greatly appreciate it if you could suggest me any other alternative softwares or browser extensions which are effective in terms of Malicious Web URL Blocking.

I used to use Emsisoft's surf protection boosted by added list from MVPS hostfile. :D

I think i will install EAM again to replace ERP.

Reactions: Rebsat and Kent

Rebsat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
@Umbra Based on your suggestion; Could you please let me know which one of the following will give me the best Web Surfing protection?
My EIS with default Hosts File? or My EIS with MVPS Hosts File? or I have to install ERP? ;)

Thank you very much bro for your great security knowledge :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

@Umbra Based on your suggestion; Could you please let me know which one of the following will give me the best Web Surfing protection?
My EIS with default Hosts File? or My EIS with MVPS Hosts File? or I have to install ERP? ;)

Thank you very much bro for your great security knowledge :)

EiS + MVPS

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.