Status
Not open for further replies.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
(This idea was suggested by @Cowpipe)

As most of you are aware, most of us are very knowledgeable in computer science (i.e. @Cowpipe, @Fantasy, @TwinHeadedEagle, @Jack, @NullPointerException, @MrXidus, @Malware1, @MalwareHunter, @kram7750). I am, too, a volunteer malware removal expert. Unfortunately, I cannot prove that because I've lost my certificate. I want to re-learn Malware-removal, because it's simply fascinating, just like all the aspects of computer science.

But MT doesn't offer any malware training courses. I fancy programmers will also extend their coverage and knowledge after having completed a malware-removal course. I don't just want to register a forum like GeekstoGo to re-learn and re-examine an old knowledge. Of course, if I don't have any option and I've leisure, I'll register on a forum like GeekstoGo and become re-active over forums like tomshardware. But that seems tiresome, and I'll need to go a "training" of one week, just to prove that I am a computer scientist and I want another certificate.

Although it's true the same is true for MalwareTips, I'll at least not need to register on other forums. Not to mention those forum softwares are ugly. While GeekstoGo and BleepingComputer use IPB, they aren't good looking and user-friendly as XenForo. I cannot read code in all PHPBB format.

Some of you are already certified, therefore you can offer training in your leisure time. One reply a day doesn't take huge time, but I understand. I am not vocalizing you immediately need to create a sub-forum and offer training, you should rather create a poll in the Announcements section and ask the opinions of users. But I do support the idea of having a malware-removal course.

Some questions, like what type of certificate I will receive, and its validity, are of course a point of discussion, but are irrelevant (just for now) , because that'd be too much to talk about right now.

Edit : Did I seriously tag myself?

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
It depends of what kind of malware removal training you're talking about here and you want. As far as I know, the UNITE training isn't offered here as MalwareTips isn't associated with the UNITE. And the UNITE training takes WAY more than one week. It's between 1-3 years, depending of how you train according to admin on GeeksToGo.

Reactions: tonibalas

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
It depends of what kind of malware removal training you're talking about here and you want. As far as I know, the UNITE training isn't offered here as MalwareTips isn't associated with the UNITE. And the UNITE training takes WAY more than one week. It's between 1-3 years, depending of how you train according to admin on GeeksToGo.
It's true. But it took me two months, I really remember, about five years ago only. Those folks just asked me questions (i.e. "What is an exception?") before giving me exams. I think UNITE would suffice, but it's too big for coursing here.

What is your computer knowledge?
I thought it took only about 6 months to one and half year. If you're completely novice in computers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
It's true. But it took me two months, I really remember, about five years ago only. Those folks just asked me questions (i.e. "What is an exception?") before giving me exams. I think UNITE would suffice, but it's too big for coursing here.

What is your computer knowledge?
I thought it took only about 6 months to one and half year. If you're completely novice in computers.

My Computing knowledge is pretty advanced considered what program I'm in and the work experience I have. However, as I said, it really depends of your learning pace, but also the time it takes to receive a reply from your teachers. That training can be done in a year I think if you Focus on it.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
My Computing knowledge is pretty advanced considered what program I'm in and the work experience I have. However, as I said, it really depends of your learning pace, but also the time it takes to receive a reply from your teachers. That training can be done in a year I think if you Focus on it.
One reply a day is enough, I fancy. In what section are you specialized, software or hardware? I did say that "Things like what certificate I will receive, its validty etc. are of course a point of discussion, but they shouldn't be discussed yet". UNITE is pretty big ; I know, but if you already have a real certificate (like M.S or B.S), your training should be way smaller.

The Unknown

Nov 9, 2014
Well i'm sure there are members like me here at MT that wish to learn alot more about Malware Removal, and Computing.

So why not have a MT Student program where the MT Staff can mentor beginners and other people who wish to learn about Computing & Malware Removal.

This would get the site more activity too because this would be like the second online forum that offers Hands On Training from IT Experts.

hakah

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
It's realy a good suggestion and every member would be interested to learn and get familiarised with it if they have a chance. At least we should equip ourselves with the basic knowledge and technique to check and test the possibility of being infected or not. We should also know the basic removal steps so to keep our system always clean and free from malwares etc. Unless very critical and severe, we then have no choice but to seek help from our Malrware Removal Experts thus saving them a lot of time and effort.
This is a very creative and good recommendation!

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Well, I have already submitted my own application at GeekstoGo. I cannot comment right now, but yes, I would love to teach here as an instructor.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
It takes so long just to get accepted there.

If we had like a student program here, we could make it alot more efficient.
I know ; right. I have hundred staff views (Just checked last minute), and I am still not approved. But, hey, it pays off well. And I am a pessimist, an unintentional one, and I am so happy when I am wrong.

Guys, should I request to close my thread? Because I no longer feel the need for MT to have a UNITE school. After all, the sole intention of this thread was my own (sort of) benefit. But now, it's (null) pointless. If you guys think it's still worth it, I am not closing this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

hakah

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
Please do not close the thread. It is really useful and beneficial to forum members. I think it is better to approach to get forum approval as there may be conflict against their Forum of Malware Removal for members.

Rogue987

Level 3
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
I think this would be a great addition to the forum, It would most definitely bring active & HQ members to the forum.

hakah

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
I reckon at first place it is better to give some illustrative examples of infected conditions and the basic testing techniques and removal means using those necessary softwares to check and remove trojans, malwares etc. Then you can know how many members are really interested and participated in this exercise befor you really decide to start the training course. If the result is not so supportive, there is no way to go ahead for it.
This is only my suggestion and hope other members can raise their creative ideas and opinions on it. Thanks!

yongsua

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
+1 for this suggestion. I would also like to join MRT at MT forum, despite the fact that my bad experience when I was at Geek U.

T

TheSuperGeek

If they have the time, the MT members ho have a great knowlenege (sorry 4 english) they can teach to other with a program like team viewer.
Why not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.