Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
After cowpipe ideia to make a tool that could scan for malware send to cloud and remove. I got an ideia to make a comunity tool that repairs the system after the infection so you don't need to reformat windows everytime someone gets infected. I can develop it but im asking help to make a list of places affected by malware and if possible how to repair.

example:
disable task manager - fix:change registry key
disable network - reset network ip with cmd command
disable uac - change registry fix
ect...

soinvisage

Level 9
Verified
May 3, 2014
After cowpipe ideia to make a tool that could scan for malware send to cloud and remove. I got an ideia to make a comunity tool that repairs the system after the infection so you don't need to reformat windows everytime someone gets infected. I can develop it but im asking help to make a list of places affected by malware and if possible how to repair.

example:
disable task manager - fix:change registry key
disable network - reset network ip with cmd command
disable uac - change registry fix
ect...
like tiranium ?

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Yeah but community based, with more tools, standlone and portable.

soinvisage

Level 9
Verified
May 3, 2014

Attachments

• tira.png
    tira.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 347

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Hello, to enable Task manager through registry you'll have to write to current user-system, example:
Code:
Regkey.RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr", 1, "REG_DWORD")

Note that this will require admin rights, with limited account this will show an error. You can also disable it by change "1" to "0".

by resetting IP address you mean you want to change it like 192.168.1.3? well this won't work on all computers because for example my IP is like 192.168.100.3 but I have idea that you can let the user insert what exactly IP he wants? or you want to fixing these like automatically without asking for user input?

About UAC all the ways to disable using .NET is patched i think.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hello, to enable Task manager through registry you'll have to write to current user-system, example:
Code:
Regkey.RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr", 1, "REG_DWORD")

Note that this will require admin rights, with limited account this will show an error. You can also disable it by change "1" to "0".

by resetting IP address you mean you want to change it like 192.168.1.3? well this won't work on all computers because for example my IP is like 192.168.100.3 but I have idea that you can let the user insert what exactly IP he wants? or you want to fixing these like automatically without asking for user input?

About UAC all the ways to disable using .NET is patched i think.
Yeah i know how to do that. I want other things that malware usally do that affects the user. That were quick examples

Reactions: 1 person

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
If you read the post you would understand that this isnt a registry fix software...

but in order to enable taskman, cmd or regedit, you'll have to resort to fixing/editing the registry. I have a batch file for fixing the registry that I use after removing all infections. Sometimes I use HijackHunter or any app from tweaking.com and they are portable.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. It can be beneficial to noobies and maybe to advanced users who wants a quick and dirty solution.

Reactions: Malware1

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
but in order to enable taskman, cmd or regedit, you'll have to resort to fixing/editing the registry. I have a batch file for fixing the registry that I use after removing all infections. Sometimes I use HijackHunter or any app from tweaking.com and they are portable.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. It can be beneficial to noobies and maybe to advanced users who wants a quick and dirty solution.
Ok so if it's not worth admins can close the topic

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.