Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Old Version 1.75 Download - Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
MBAM Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Previous Older Version 1.75 Download link - Solved

Really, I don't like this new MBAM Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2 .. so I downloaded recently MBAM Free version v1.75.0.1300 - and I'm satisfied with - use on demand scan only.

Link to download all older previous MBAM versions I used : on oldapps.com : http://www.oldapps.com/ - and particularly this URL address :
Download Old Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware : on oldapps.com : http://www.oldapps.com/malwarebytes.php

I had chosen the version v1.75.0.1300 - the best.
Download first - the setup file, called mbam-setup-1.75.0.1300.exe (9.80 MB), then install your software in Program Files (Programs).
In the setup, unnotch, untick 'Enable free trial' line. And then untick all other propositions.

First run: After click on MBAM icon on your desktop, the MBAM warning window gets on the screen:
'The database is outdated by .. days. Would you like to update now?' - click No, cancel!
- with this click on 'No' button, your 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' GUI FREE version v1.75.0.1300 presents on your desktop (without the 'Trial' word)! ..

Two remarks now:

To forbid the MBAM version 1. .. to make update to MBAM version 2. .. - under Settings unnnotch, uncheck: Download and install .. and Notify me when .. lines.

To stop easily the mbamscheduler.exe process to start with MBAM, rename it, to eg. mbamscheduler.exe.old, in your Program Files (Programs)/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Then delete it.
To erase corresponding Registry entry will look your CCleaner ..

My other settings in the GUI:

Settings tab, under General settings - notched only: Terminate Internet Explorer .. and Create right click .. no password, unticked 'Warn if database is outdated' - please!

First - in Registry, delete MBAM key under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\ .. here

Don't forget to slimdown the Languages folder .. and delete mbamscheduler.exe(.old), mbamservice.exe, mbamgui.exe ..

- and be happy!

EDIT: Look on Post #7:
In the setup, unnotch, untick 'Enable free trial' line. And then untick all other propositions.
After the first click on the MBAM icon on your desktop, you see little MBAM proposition window:
'The database is outdated by .. days. Would you like to update now?' - click 'NO'!
- with this click on 'No' button, your 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' GUI FREE version v1.75.0.1300 presents on your desktop (without the 'Trial' word)! ..
Now, make your setting rules, like in this post, and Huracan post.

- I updated this post.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Malwarebytes Free running on Windows 8.1 Update x64 without August Update. No compatibility mode.

@Prorootect You can also delete the Chameleon folder and any unused language files. Added some screenshots too. :D

General Settings

mb1.png

Scanner Settings (Show to list PUP)

mb2.png

Update Settings (Uncheck all for no Program updates)

mb3.png

Create "...mbam.exe /update" shortcut on Desktop.

mb5.png

Rename mbamscheduler.exe / mbamservice.exe to .old file

mb4.png

To reduce disk space occupied, delete the Chameleon folder and any unneeded language files. (ie. 13.4 MB reduced to 8.87 MB). May increase due to definition file downloads.

Instructions and any associated images posted here are for users who do not wish to use the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you Huracan! - and you have mbamgui.exe.old too ..

- I have the 'Trial' marked on the GUI ..
- and Registry keys:
HKLM\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - with Name: updatewarndays ..
and: HKLM\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Trial) - to 15 days trial period, and EndDate very close! ah oh - maybe I must delete that key?

Last edited:
Reactions: nissimezra and Kent

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Now, I have the good FREE version GUI called 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' - without the word 'Trial'!

So what I had made before downloading this free version:

First, delete 'Malwarebytes' folder from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes,
Then delete two Malwarebytes keys from Registry (HKLM\Software ..) - look on my precedent post #5,
Then remove your trial version from Add/Remove Programs (Programs) ..
- now, MBAM has lost its memory of this trial version ..

- so you're able to download the Free version now, from this same link on the first post.

After the first click on the MBAM icon on your desktop, you see little MBAM proposition window:
'The database is outdated by .. days. Would you like to update now?' - click 'NO'!
- with this click on 'No' button, your 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' GUI FREE version v1.75.0.1300 presents on your desktop (without the 'Trial' word)!
And in the Registry, no more the 'trial' key.
Now, make your setting rules, like in the first post, and Huracan post.

Done.

MBAM 1.75 Free - good Updater settings.jpg
luPm32L.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.