Malwarebytes Antirootkit

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzy

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 16, 2014
How is this different from Combofix? Is it dangerous to run on your system if you are a beginner? What is the latest version? What can I read to learn more about rootkit? Thank you in advance!!!;)

titan1

Level 1
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
For rootkit detection and removal kaspersky TDSSkiller and hitman pro are more efficient than MBAR. But one should take care before removing a rootkit.because many scanners detect legitimate drivers as rootkit.And removing them may render the pc unbootable.If you suspect a rootkit,then always double check them.But the best way to get rid of rootkit is clean reformat and reinstall of OS.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Yes as @KaptainBug mentions MBAM Root Kit is now integrated in MBAM Pro. TDSS and Hitman Pro may be better, but our TwinHeadedEagal almost always recommends MBAM Root Kit be run. IMHO MBAM has surpassed TDSS.
I'm thinking that I might of suggested MBAM Root Kit along with MBAM Anti Expolit.;) Oh well! Thinking usually gets me in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.