Malwr Submissions Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware1

Level 76
Thread author
Sep 28, 2011
As you all have noticed, both manual and API submissions to Malwr are currently disabled.

It has been a rough couple of months and we've been struggling to keep the service running in response to an exponential growth in our user-base and a lack of appropriate resources. We have reached a saturation point where we are not currently able to receive and process any more submissions, therefore we decided to suspend our service until a further notice.

Malwr is a volunteer project operated by me and jekil during free time and the only resources we have available are some hardware kindly provided by Shadowserver and the donations we received over these years, which unfortunately amount to just a few euros.

We are trying to sort out some plans to get the service back up and running as soon as possible. For the time being, you'll only be able to browse and view the existing analyses, no additional ones will be processed.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Very bad news for me :(

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Very bad news for me :(

Very bad news for you indeed :(
sig.png

Reactions: marg and Malware1

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
Meaning we can still submit samples for the public but they won't be personally processed by you right?

Malware1

Level 76
Thread author
Sep 28, 2011
Meaning we can still submit samples for the public but they won't be personally processed by you right?
??
I often use Malwr for sending malware samples for analysis when I don't have access to a VM. I will have to switch to another sandbox, their service was great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.