Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK. Which version of Windows do you have running? I advise that you be running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1, to remain less vulnerable.

I would uninstall IObit Malware Fighter, and replaced with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Free), you can run and update this weekly or monthly depending on your computer usage. Malwarebytes has proven itself many times to removing malware on an infected Windows system.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I agree that IObit is absolutely unnecessary. With having Kaspersky installed, and more important, you never got infected, I don't think you need a second opinion scanner like Malwarebytes, HitmanPro and others.
And you can protect your BIOS at least with these 2 methods :
  • Configure the system BIOS to disable floppy disk booting (no floppy seek) or change the order of the boot process to hard drive first. (barely anyone has use of floppy disk these days, but needs a mention)
  • Configure the system BIOS to enable system password protection.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What OS are you running? Windows 7 SP1? Windows 8.1?
Choose some on demand scanners such as MBAM , Hitman Pro , Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Have to considered another Browser(s) such as Firefox and or Chrome?
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed
Have you considered Sandboxie?
Get rid of IObit Malware Fighter.KIS is more than enough to protect you.IObit makes a couple good programs unfortunately Malware Fighter is not one of them at least in my opinion.
KIS ,some good on demand scanners and common sense practices will keep you malware free

Reactions: tonibalas

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your configuration, Masud Ahmed. Since we've unanimously concluded iobit Malware Fighter is not needed, letting it go can only benefit your system's resources. So, just do it!:) Something in my gut tells me you might be using Windows XP, though I hope I'm mistaken (there's no harm, no foul!) as I happen to have an XP rig that's battened down & waiting for the next ice age, lol!:p
Three of our staff and one member, so far, have given you gems of wisdom I continue to follow myself, that, and some excellent suggestions in software.
I second exterminator's recommendation of Sandboxie (his original tip took root in lives in my practice ;)). It was originally developed to address vulnerabilities in IE. Get the free version here www.sandboxie.com

In IE, go to Internet options.
  1. Choose the "Security" tab, it's :rolleyes: above, & 2nd from the left.
  2. Locate the "Security level for this zone" slide control.
  3. Below this mark the box "Enable Protected Mode".
Go to www.lastpass.com and read about the free universal download for LastPass to protect both your security and privacy.

Thanks for sharing,o_O and thank you for reading!:):cool:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
The experts said it all i have nothing to add:)
Nice config and thanks for sharing

Reactions: BoraMurdar

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For On Demand scanners add MBAM and Hitman Pro.

Iobit Malware Fighter as mentioned by others you need to ditch it cause does not contribute well as layered protection.

Since your using Internet Explorer then add Adguard and you can configure tracking list protection.

ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Browser/TrackingProtectionLists/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.