Status
Not open for further replies.

Semprul

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 6, 2015
Hi guys, recently i just purchased MBAM Premium license because on their advertising, it said that it has live protection. I try to test it with some malware samples. After i unzipped those samples, MBAM Premium live protection didn't detect and didn't do anything but after i manually scan it, MBAM detect them as malwares. So, do you guys experienced the same things like i have with MBAM Premium...??? Is it bug...??? i regret to purchased the license because it isn't different with the free ones which only depends on manual scan

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like MBAM provide realtime detection when something is about to execute/write an information, so sometimes unzipping the samples is not yet considered brought any changes but rather read the information.

Reactions: LabZero

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That is why using a product trial before buying is better. Safe browsing methods are better than what you are trying to do. Can you get a refund via Malwarebytes Support team?

You wouldn't buy a car without a test drive first.

Reactions: jamescv7

Semprul

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 6, 2015
Its like MBAM provide realtime detection when something is about to execute/write an information, so sometimes unzipping the samples is not yet considered brought any changes but rather read the information.

Well, i don't wanna risking my system testing MBAM by executing malwares

Semprul

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 6, 2015
That is why using a product trial before buying is better. Safe browsing methods are better than what you are trying to do. Can you get a refund via Malwarebytes Support team?

You wouldn't buy a car without a test drive first.

Yeah, you're right....well maybe i wouldn't asking MBAM for refunding my money, i hope they can use it for further development in the future. But, if someone in here interested to have the premium license, i could give it...just pm me...meanwhile i will try zemana anti malware

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well, i don't wanna risking my system testing MBAM by executing malwares

You can use virtualized program like Sandboxie or Shadow Defender/Toolwiz Time Freeze to execute them, it should not cause any problem to detect MBAM on sandbox directory. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.