Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Continue Reading at Kotaku - Meet The Guy Who Got The Xbox One Early

[SNIPPET] - The important part is "Do not open before Nov 22, 2013".

"It felt like they were being overly protective and going about things in a way of, you know, guilty until proven innocent," Weingarten said. "I was not really upset, I was just trying to deal with it all."P

Meanwhile Microsoft and Target were dealing with what appears to be a grade-A screwup. As of now, Xbox Live isn't finished; anyone with a console who isn't Microsoft is under a non-disclosure agreement. Sources told Kotaku that Target mailed out some 150 consoles as soon as they hit a distribution center.P

This morning both companies acknowledged the early release. Microsoft said any users who already have the Xbox One "will be restricted from connecting to Xbox Live until closer to our launch date." While Weingarten was able to get online long enough to download the day one Xbox Live update—which apparently is necessary to even play games—anyone else with an early console may not be able to do so.

[SPOILERS] - "Xbox One Unboxing!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think it's the excitement talking. Anyone see that monster Power-brick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.