Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
screen_shot_2014-09-27_at_3.49.24_pm.jpg

On Tuesday of the upcoming week, Microsoft will begin to show off its next generation operating system, code named Threshold. The OS, which many simply refer to as Windows 9, is said to get a new name but of course, Microsoft is staying quiet on subject.

What will Microsoft call the new OS? Well, that is still unknown but if the company did call it Windows 9, technically, that is an entirely new name as only Windows 8 officially exists. Of course, the idea of simply calling it 'Windows' without a version number has been speculated too.

It is expected that Microsoft will move away from the Windows 8 branding as that OS has not faired well with public opinion. By giving the OS a new name, it will allow them to distance themselves from the woes of the past and start fresh again in the minds of the consumer.

We don't have to wait too much longer as Microsoft's event takes place on Tuesday of the upcoming week. But, if that's too long to wait, we will have a preview posted up on Monday that gives a few new details about the technical preview and what you should expect. Or, you can check many of our scoops of the OS, here.

Source: Retuers

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Either of these three:
  • Windows
  • Windows 9
  • Windows One

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
How about "Windows: Reloaded."o_O (..or maybe "restarted"?:rolleyes:)??;):D

Update: I shall quote one of our fellow member/friend's response:

• "Maybe take the "S" out of "restarted" :D lol"

Last edited:
Reactions: Artaz

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Windows One seems to be the less likely of the three, but Microsoft wants to make the Windows--Xbox--WindowsPhone a shared and integrated platform... similar to Apple Mac and iOS services.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Windows One seems to be the less likely of the three, but Microsoft wants to make the Windows--Xbox--WindowsPhone a shared and integrated platform... similar to Apple Mac and iOS services.

Xbox 360 ---> Xbox One

Windows 8.1 ---> Windows One

I could possibly see that happening know that microsoft is doing this.

ا

الشمس

similar to Apple Mac and iOS services

i guess that is why microsoft windows 8.1 like mac os 10.0 cheetah 10.3 panther 10.4 tiger 10.5 leopard o_O

it hurts to see my favourite brand microsoft seeming to be a wannabe apple :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I believe 8.1 was released to replace the whole "Service Pack 1" release, as PC users may not bother with updating their OS (ie. Windows XP SP2 users still exist). Windows 8.1 is a free upgrade as well as a re-sale to help with OS sales.

I do think Microsoft will drop 8.x for it's next upcoming OS. However, we'll continue to receive those monthly updates labelled by the release month, for example, Windows 8.1 Update 1 (August Update)

Based on my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.