Microsoft kb3025390 another patch to fix a patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim lin

Level 8
Thread author
Aug 6, 2012
kb3025390 another fix for a fix

Some web application modal dialog boxes don't work correctly in Internet Explorer 11 after you install update 3008923

symptoms

You install MS14-080: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: December 9, 2014 on a computer that's running Internet Explorer 11 or the Internet Explorer 11 Web Browser control. However, after you do this, you may experience unexpected behavior when you interact with sites that use one or more web application modal dialog boxes. Any data or information that's provided in the modal dialog box may not be returned to the application window or to the dialog box that created the data or information. Therefore, the application that created the dialog box may exhibit errors or lack specific functionality that was dependent on that dialog box data.

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/3025390

i got this update today on Windows 8.1

install at your own risk lol

:)

James

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I have windows update disabled. Last time I updated it was a month ago or so. No need to install anything until I really need to. My Windows is running clever.

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Should I even install this?

I'm asking because you said "install at your own risk"

jim lin

Level 8
Thread author
Aug 6, 2012
i'm sorry lol

i mean install at own risk because of the way Microsoft patches have been the past 6 months or more or
forever which ever comes first

it is not good when these pathces hurt peoples computers and thinking that it is to help them only
to not have there computer not startup no more

computer repair people love it :(

:)

James

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
This is the reason why I do the whole "wait and see" thing when it comes to MS Updates....still waiting and seeing...

Reactions: frogboy

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I already lost confidence over Microsoft. Right now I have changed my update settings to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download/install them". Can't take risk with my system anymore.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I already lost confidence over Microsoft. Right now I have changed my update settings to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download/install them". Can't take risk with my system anymore.
I am starting to think every one should do the same, it would be a lot safer i reckon. ;):rolleyes:

Reactions: Anupam

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes that option "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download/install them" is likely the proper option however if you want eagerly to update then hope nothing will wrong on PC since assumption that Microsoft made those updates without issue. You need an interval at least 2-3 days after release or be up to date on latest news about those updates. ;)

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
I learned a hard lesson when I was a single partition guy. Auto-updating borked my system twice! Now I do manual updates only and when I apply it(after seeing/checking there are no issues) I install on one partition only and let the 2 remaining partition wait and see. Being eager to update always have some drawbacks. Well that is from my experience :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.