Microsoft Releases Video to Calm Down Windows 7/8.1 Users Waiting for Windows 10 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
http://news.softpedia.com/news/micr...s-waiting-for-windows-10-upgrade-488347.shtml

"You’ll get a notification when the upgrade is ready”
Windows 10 is indeed available as a free upgrade for those running a genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, but because Microsoft is rolling out the operating system in phases, many of those eligible for the offer are yet to get it.
So basically, even though Windows 10 is available free of charge to millions of users out there, many can’t install it because Microsoft is yet to provide them with access to the upgrade. As a result, it’s no surprise that so many users are looking for alternative ways to get Windows 10 right away, blaming Microsoft for teasing them with such an offer without actually making the software available for everyone.

And in a video released today, Molly from the Windows team tries to explain the reasons some might have to wait a little bit longer to get Windows 10, pointing out that everyone will be notified when the upgrade is ready with an alert in the system tray through the Get Windows 10 app.

“Wondering when your free Windows 10 upgrade will arrive? Want to be sure that you’ve done everything right? Molly from the Windows team is here with the answers,” the video description reads.

You might have to wait a few more weeks
In case you’re wondering why you have to wait longer for the Windows 10 upgrade, it’s because Redmond is scanning your computer for any compatibility issues that might be experienced during the install.

If such compatibility problems are detected, Microsoft might delay the Windows 10 upgrade for your system until they are addressed by either the software or the hardware manufacturer. Eventually, everyone will receive the upgrade but will be provided with several options, including contacting the developer or the manufacturer for ways to fix the issues.

Microsoft says that, if you don’t want to wait for the upgrade, you can get your PC to the closest store and have it upgraded by professional staff, thus reducing the risk of compatibility issues.

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
"Thanks for being part of the largest software upgrade event in history. We are really excited about windows 10 and we think you will be too."

Translates to: Thanks for being part of the largest spy software upgrade event in history. We are really excited about how easy it is to spy on you in windows 10 and we think you are going to be excited too.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Win 10 is not for me. I could care less & don't count on Win 10 to get it right anytime soon.! With all their Billions & Billions of Dollars, you would think Windows would get it right before releasing it. Be prepared for another Huge round of endless updates on 10 IMO.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Win 10 is not for me. I could care less & don't count on Win 10 to get it right anytime soon.! With all their Billions & Billions of Dollars, you would think Windows would get it right before releasing it. Be prepared for another Huge round of endless updates on 10 IMO.

sooner or later , you will use it , whatever you like it or not :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Same thing happened with Windows 8 when it was first released.There were bugs,driver problems,software problems,etc.Sometimes it is not so much Microsoft as it is the software and hardware vendors who drag their feet in preparing for the new release.It's not like they didn't know it was coming.However I would agree that their is no rush in updating since you a have 1 year to get it free.I am sure we will have a Windows 10.1,10.1.1.
I took me a long time to move from XP to 7 and I still use 7 but i must say Windows 10 is a much better release than 8 and an easy move from 7.

Last edited:

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and so far I have no regrets. Windows 10 seems a lot snappier than 8.1 and all my apps and browsers seem to run a lot better especially Firefox, it seems faster and loads pages a lot faster. So far I'm really liking Windows 10.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
HP is causing me headaches with updates and upgrades.I am upgrading my 3rd HP PC from windows 7 .First certain updates caused and endless boot loop on one and now I have to rollback another. I found it easiest to just wipe the drive install Windows 8.1 and once Windows 8.1 finishes updating it offers the upgrade immediately.However wiping the drive was on PC's that the owner had nothing important.Other than that everything goes smooth as silk on every other machine including dual booted machines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.