Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micr...-4-6-305-0-Released-for-Download-458395.shtml

Today, Microsoft has launched a new version of its Security Essentials anti-virus app, thus delivering a new pack of improvements to customers relying on this solution in order to remain protected online.

- MSE only works on Windows Vista and 7

Even though Security Essentials might not be the most effective security software on the market, it’s still a very helpful tool to block common malware and suspicious files posing a risk to your computer, so many actually give it a try and stick to it these days.

Microsoft Security Essentials 4.6.305.0 mostly comes with improvements in terms of stability and reliability, with Redmond claiming that this new version should resolve some of the bugs that users reported in the previous builds.

At the same time, it also packs some options that were part of the beta build, but it obviously fixes all the issues that were included in this preview.

As usual, Security Essentials works only on Windows Vista and 7, as Windows 8 comes with a pre-installed version of Windows Defender that’s enabled by default to block all malware. Windows XP is no longer supported, but older versions of the anti-virus still work on this OS version.

Of course, the application continues to be offered free of charge, so in case you’re still looking for a way to remain protected and block incoming malware, just download Microsoft Security Essentials 4.6.305.0 to see what it’s up to.

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
My only complaint - it's a bit boring.
That's what I like about it:). I've never been infected while running it in real time with MBAM Pro and that's all I'm concerned about.
Thanks for the info exterminator!
Are you using softpedia???
Would attach a screen shot but it's not allowed on this thread????

Last edited:

Kazuyya

Level 1
Sep 9, 2014
Nice. When you remove malware all day long for clients in the 60+ age range, a lot of them don't want to pay for anti-virus protection. So, this will help with protection of those systems.

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Nice. When you remove malware all day long for clients in the 60+ age range, a lot of them don't want to pay for anti-virus protection. So, this will help with the protection, of the client's Vista and Windows 7 systems.
You do that to?? I also do that, but mine are in their 80+ range. They don't want fancy just free.:D

Reactions: Kazuyya

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
My MSE version is 4.2.223.0 and it says I have the latest version exterminator ????
Could you please check and see if your down load is legit. Maybe it will up date later??
I'll wait!! I can't find the Microsoft down load. All the down loads are from other sites!
Thanks!
Can't attach screen shots on your thread!

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Very nice people, but a lot don't understand the importance of virus protection.
Hi Kaz Don't want to get to far off topic on exterminators thread, but yes they don't understand virus protection and they are all afraid to up date Windows because their children told them not to. Old people don't understand why some idiot would infect their computer. The world is changing and it's not getting better. Welcome to MT. Great place to learn and pass forward what you know. There are some great people here and exterminator is one of them. (He Also has a lot of power here on MT) Don't make him mad.:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.