Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Microsoft’s Translator app is about to get an important revamp for Windows 10, as a beta version has recently been spotted in the Windows Store and could be released for download in the coming weeks.

The Redmond-based software giant hasn’t said anything about a new Translator app version, but it turns out that such a thing is on its way. The beta build that’s currently in the store cannot be downloaded, but it does provide us with a glimpse into its feature lineup.

Codenamed Translator 10 Beta, the new app provides easy-to-use text translation with support for 50 different languages, but also camera translation, which, according to Microsoft, “lets you point your camera at signs, menus, newspapers or any printed text in 19 languages and scripts supported, and then tap to see the translation.”

At the same time, the app also comes with text-to-speech capabilities to hear translation from a native speaker, voice translation with support for 10 languages, and offline translation in case you don’t have an Internet connection, so you can download a translation pack and use it offline.

Right now, it’s not yet clear when Microsoft plans to release this app, but since it’s already displayed in the store, Redmond could make this a public beta in the coming weeks. In the meantime, the old Translator app is still up for grabs.

microsoft-translator-beta-for-windows-10-spotted-in-the-store-491519-3.jpg

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
I assume the translations will directly come from Bing Translate. I am a translator and this catch my attention, let's see how it will do, and when it will release :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.