Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Microsoft has updated its OneDrive app for Windows Phone, with a range of small but decent enhancements. While some may be disappointed that there are no major new features in this release, others will welcome the news that the update is not just for users of Windows Phone 8.1 - which is now starting to roll out to devices - but also for Windows Phone 8 and 7.5.

windows-phone-onedrive_story.jpg

The new release brings the version number of the app up to 4.2. Along with the usual range of "bug fixes and performance enhancements", the update also makes it easier to select contacts when choosing who to share files with.

Additionally, you can now download files to your handset and choose where on the device you would like to save them. A new progress page also makes it easier to see the status of your uploads and downloads.

This may well be one of the last updates for the Windows Phone 7.x version of the app. Microsoft officiallyends mainstream support of its dead-ended mobile OS on September 9 - while that strictly applies to the operating system itself, it seems unlikely that the company will continue investing for much longer in developing software for a platform that it no longer supports, especially in light of recent cuts.

The latest version of OneDrive can be downloaded from the Windows Phone Store now.

Download link | via WinBeta

Reactions: Littlebits

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the update, but in WP8.1 you can set the Apps to auto-update.

upload_2014-7-22_15-31-42.png

Reactions: samit

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have too many to list, plus I like to keep my phone apps private. :) Except for that screenshot.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
hehe okay :D you got Cyan update :eek: I wonder when my Lumia 620 gets it :( it was last to get black update among all Nokia Lumia device plus it came 1 month late after all Lumia device go black update :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.