Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
microsoft-family-greyscale.jpg

Microsoft's career website is often a treasure trove of information if you are willing to dig through the thousands of job postings the company currently has available. Often, through these postings, you can see the direction Microsoft is taking internally with its products and this helps the observer, better understand Microsoft's vision.

On this edition of reading career postings, we can see that Microsoft's goal is to get a "lean and mean Windows running everywhere." More so, Windows Phone 8 is the first product that we know of that falls into this category.

screen_shot_2014-04-21_at_9.06.26_pm_story.jpg

screen_shot_2014-04-21_at_9.07.49_pm_story.jpg

It's quite simple really, Microsoft is working to reduce the footprint of its OS so that it can be run on more devices and have better performance, with slower hardware. With Windows now being free on devices under 9 inches for OEMs, which undoubtedly will have lower specs, keeping a lean and mean Windows high on the agenda makes a lot of sense.

Additionally, with the company's new 'Windows on Devices' for the Internet of Things, Windows will have to be a lightweight product if Microsoft hopes to power the next generation of devices.

While these job posting don't offer any deep insights into the company, they do provide a framework of what the development themes are within the organization. Much like how Lotus coined that 'simplify, then add lightness' to a car is a feature, Microsoft is looking to do the same with Windows.

The result of this work, which may not be on the forefront of the marketing campaign, will benefit consumers in the long run as Windows, as a platform, will become more nimble and take up less of a footprint when installed. If you remember when the Surface originally launched, there was quite a bit of negativity surrounding how much space the OS occupied on a brand new device, and with this initiative, they are certainly addressing that feedback.

Source: Microsoft Careers 1 2

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Everyone is doing this, Google Android, Apple iOS and now Windows.

They should call it "Windows One".

Reactions: (BlackBox) Hacker

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Just like rubbish Xbox one, you can't beat PS3 or PS4 for Hardware, but Microsoft can come very close!

Hahahaha very funny lol!

:eek:

Yep improve the Hardware for Laptop and Desktop PC's, you will need it. Because Windows 8 Pro needs about 4GB of RAM to function with it. It's like your running double the Operating System for the price of one lol?

When I last used Windows 8 Pro after upgrading myself, there was a process that sent user information about performance remotely to Microsoft, and you should of seen my CPU hit 100%. I had to use my Firewall to stop it, because it kept crashing my PC. I always like a challenge, and this was just great for me!

I'm very bored of Windows 8 Pro, I have gone back to Windows 7 Ultimate it's just better as well!

Everyone is doing this, Google Android, Apple iOS and now Windows.

They should call it "Windows One".

Last edited by a moderator:

(BlackBox) Hacker

Level 2
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Must really admit that Windows 7 Ultimate set the bar for Security, not like Windows 8 Pro that new rubbish! I even lost my liking for Windows XP Pro with all the admin user rights! Windows XP could also be used for Hacking? The next Linux OS just like the Matrix Movie!

@(BlackBox) Hacker keep multiposting! 5 posts at the same minute, I hope I can see the 6th now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.