Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vextor

Thread author
I wonder how many of you play Minecraft. It's an awesome payed game (20 bucks for life with updates). It comes with regular updates and has a wide user base and it's own dedicated forum. It has millions of users, and has a free version for you to try out. Here's a screenshot of the game (my world):
fhg2U.jpg

Hope to see your response

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I got my brothers this game to play, Now they are hooked to it, Missed a day of school because of it lol.. turns out mum left the family laptop on and my brother sneaked played it all night couldn't go to school... :p

V

Vextor

Thread author
MrXidus said:
I got my brothers this game to play, Now they are hooked to it, Missed a day of school because of it lol.. turns out mum left the family laptop on and my brother sneaked played it all night couldn't go to school... :p

LOL! Was your brother always up to these tricks? Thanks for reading anyway!

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Minecraft is pretty well known by now, I like the game a lot, but even with mods it get's boring. I'm taking a break anyway, playing Terraria.

V

Vextor

Thread author
endejan said:
Minecraft is pretty well known by now, I like the game a lot, but even with mods it get's boring. I'm taking a break anyway, playing Terraria.

Terraria seems to be the new game that is taking interest in the community.
For Minecraft Mod's, have you ever tried the Portal Mod?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I know it's becoming a popular game, but I'm still not even sure what the point of the game is... :rolleyes:

V

Vextor

Thread author
HeffeD said:
I know it's becoming a popular game, but I'm still not even sure what the point of the game is... :rolleyes:

The point of the game is to build shelters and sculptures and at night monsters come out. Then you need to find materials to build better items. If you get bored building, you can play custom maps, which are maps created by people, where you have to get to the end and finish of some mystery (Redmurk Mystery an example). If you want to see a basic demo of the game, play the free version. It is basic and is only 10% of the payed version, but it is a good intruoduction. If you ever join, go to the Minecraft Wiki to get tips and how to start the game. :D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
have you ever tried the Portal Mod?

Yep very cool to see what people can do in games like this.

V

Vextor

Thread author
MrXidus said:
have you ever tried the Portal Mod?

Yep very cool to see what people can do in games like this.

Not just the gun mod, but even a custom map (nearly exactly like the real thing) and a texture pack. I mean people such as BlueXephos have shown off the mod and it's very cool. There's even a companion cube.;)

HeffeD said:
So it's kind of like Sims with monsters?

No, not like that. Here, I'll put you a few video links on Minecraft from people like SeaNanners:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANgI2o_Jinc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxz04gqxH1M&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5nACDKCgcw&feature=relmfu

If you want to watch more, he has 21 episodes, and then there are other YouTubers: BlueXephos, CaptainSparklez, SkitScape etc.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
I just started playing it as well. Very nice and it has stolen many hours of my life.

If you haven't seen it already here is a good review of minecraft :)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2680-Minecraft
oh, and by the way if you are easily offended, do NOT watch the review above.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
bbbbweb said:
endejan said:

Terraria seems to be the new game that is taking interest in the community.
For Minecraft Mod's, have you ever tried the Portal Mod?

Yeah, I tried that mod, was really cool, but I ended up removing it due to updates, I might install it again at some point.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah, well I play it. I also host my own server of it. I also told my brother about it and he thinks it is the best game out there ;)

V

Vextor

Thread author
BoXX28 said:
I haven't played it, Looks like something from the past for me,

Well, that's what the graphics show, but the actual gameplay isn't. Plus, you can download texture packs which change the look. Even HD ones.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've heard about this game..but I didn't start playing it because I don't like the graphics :lolz:
I've started playing Fallout 3 (Game Of The Year Edition) and I don't think I'll have the time for Minecraft.
Anyway the overall idea is good...Good luck Minecraft players!:D

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
bbbbweb said:
If you want to watch more, he has 21 episodes, and then there are other YouTubers: BlueXephos, CaptainSparklez, SkitScape etc.

OK, I've been thoroughly entertained by BlueXephos' YouTube videos of Minecraft. It looked like a lot of fun, so I bit the bullet and decided to just jump in and purchase it instead of playing the free version first.

I've found that basically they cut out the amazingly boring bits from these videos. They just show them discovering various dungeons while mining, and various resource scores, but they cut out all the drudgery of actually finding these things.

I've literally mined for hours and I've yet to locate a dungeon or natural cavern. Haven't found any gold or diamonds... I've found a lot of coal (but I can just burn trees for charcoal, so I don't really need coal) and a lot of that sparkly red stone, but not much else. I've also only found surprisingly small amounts of iron. Small enough that I mostly mine with a rock pick-axe and save the iron pick for the deposits of coal or red stone because I can't afford to let the iron pick wear out. :(

Yes, I've dug down to the bedrock, which is where I understand the better resources are to be found, but aside from a few somewhat exciting run-ins with lava flows, I've found nothing for all my efforts. I'm having trouble finding a reason to continue doing this.

And when I say I've mined for hours, I don't just mean that I've dug out a few tunnels in hopes of stumbling across something good. I mean that I have vast caverns I've excavated down at the bedrock level. In real-world terms, (scale of course) I'd say larger areas than a football field. There just simply isn't anything worthwhile down here... :(

I have more sand, gravel, dirt, and cobblestone (and several stacks of red stone) than I know what to do with, (I wish you could tell the game to just stop picking up a certain item because I just have to drop them somewhere out of the way so I don't pick them up again...) but after all this time, I'm basically stuck with stone weapons and tools, and leather armor because I can't find the stuff to make anything better. The time versus rewards scale is seriously skewed in this game.

So while I do see some redeeming aspects to this game, the boredom factor is huge. Maybe I'll try to figure out how to farm. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.