Mohammed's Configuration

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Hello :)
Your config is little low but i can help you make it better :)
  • Install more on-demand scanners example MBAM,Zemana,EEK...
  • If u want download samples i recommend use Sandboxie and Shadow Defend or install Virtual Machine(example via VirtualBox)
  • No Privacy? :( Install PrivaZer or CCleaner
  • You don't need backup your important data? Exist a lot free clouds example MEGA,Dropbox,Google Drive... or use external HDD/USB
  • Install uBlock,Https Everywhere, LastPass to your browser
Thanks for sharing your config @Mohammed Arshad
Sayonara ;)

Y

yigido

I recommend you to use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser. These are good and more secure browser than IE . Internet Explorer has a bad security track record.
Then, I recommend extension what FireShootSK suggested.

Can you please tell me which Norton product are you using? Please explain more and write more on your config post, so we can help you more.
Thanks for sharing you configuration.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you feel naked with Norton due to its protection capabilities then there's no problem to add a companion AV; considered Xvirus or Crystal Security (multi engine).

Make sure always up date your flash player and if anything wrong with IE then go to its alternative as mentioned.

Making a system image backup is way better if system restore fail to revert some changes.

Reactions: yigido and scot

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
As i see @FireShootSK has covered everything that you need but still i want you to add Macrium Reflect Free/AOMEI Backupper to Backup to your HDD/USB. Making a system image is a very good option as adviced by @jamescv7 .
Thanks for sharing your config.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Add some more on demand scanners
Some type of back up solution
CCleaner or Privazer
Consider adding an additional browser

Reactions: scot

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
You could ad Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect both of which have a free version to bakup your PC. ;)

If you do not have an external HDD you could use Aomei One Key Backup solution it will even help you make a new disk partition. :)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: scot and jamescv7

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.