Morro's Security Config

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Never notify (disabled)
Real-time security
Avast Free 2016 combined with SpyShelter Firewall, MCShield and CryptoPrevent.
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes AntiMalware and Zemana AntiMalware.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Slimjet ( Latest version ) with these extensions...

Magic Actions for YouTube™
Web Boost
Flash Video Downloader
uBlock Origin
Lastpass Free Password Manager
Supersorter
Privacy Badger
Reddit Enhancement Suite
Image in the center
Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller
SimpleExtManager
FlashControl
Atomic Bookmarks
Maintenance tools
CCleaner with CCEnhanced and PrivaZer.
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Professional
P

Plexx

VB and VMware Player require drivers installation, so I am not sure if it will work on Sandboxie.

I know online games for example do not work inside Sandboxie... it used to but most players were exploiting since it would disable the game's anti-hacking solution and then exploit the holes. Most common hole back then was without anti-hacking, you could use god mode, cheat engine etc etc.

Nowadays some games still have anti-hacking but at least allow users to run multiple clients with specific conditions, and hacking dropped. This is because of storage issues in most online games that are Free 2 Play.

I will try to get you a guide for Paragon later on as well as Toolwiz.

Reactions: Logethica

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Updated my config to reflect the software recommended, and to mention some that i hat not mentioned before.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Biozfear said:
got you the video as per my last post. see pm

I saw it, and it looks a whole lot easier then i thought it would be. Thank you very much for the link Biozfear. ( As already mentioned in my PM. :) )

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
LoL well i have nothing against MSE, i used it for quite a while in the past. :)

But i then tried out Avast Free...really liked it and stayed with it until about 3 weeks ago. The new CIS came out and i was told by a friend that the latest versions where running really light. I was very sceptical, because in the past the previous versions of CIS ( Although very good software. ) whould slow down my PC noticeable.

But i still tried it out using Chirons guide and much to my surprise the latest version of CIS runs even lighter then Avast 7 Free on my system. :)

D

Deleted member 178

no suites except cloud ones (panda, WSA, KsAV,etc...) are lighter than CIS. :D it is why i always get back to it :p

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
no suites except cloud ones (panda, WSA, KsAV,etc...) are lighter than CIS. :D it is why i always get back to it :p

I have tried Panda and it is light indeed, but i have not used the other two so i will take your word for it. :D

P

Plexx

A quick look at Comodo Forums on version 6 thread and some users did report cpu usage up to 50% or so on specific circunstances. I so far have not had that issue so CAV is fine where it is on my system.

If only one could give me the exact description of Comodo's Game mode. I would suspect it would be no updates during game mode on but I rather be sure.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
umbrapolaris said:

Lighter than Cis:

1.... Nis (I can bet)
2....Quickheal (not much protection though)
3.Avast(not completely sure but it is lighter than cis)

Few votes from our members regarding this:
http://malwaretips.com/polls.php?action=showresults&pid=341

D

Deleted member 178

Stranger said:
umbrapolaris said:

Lighter than Cis:

1.... Nis (I can bet)
2....Quickheal (not much protection though)
3.Avast(not completely sure but it is lighter than cis)

when i tested them:

1- Similar in responsiveness, use a bit more RAM (5-10mb more)
2- never used
3- Avast free, is already heavier.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
Good...Good....good...come to me...come to me... (hypnotic voice -on- ) :p

LoL there is never a zombie emoticon to use when you need it. :D

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
For the moment i hat to remove CIS, because it was causing trouble with Steam some how. Even though i hat Steam and all it sub folders set to Trusted?

This was my problem...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31802385#post31802385

I really have no idea as to what it is from CIS that causes this? ( For the moment i am back with Avast 7 Free. But i would like to use CIS again. )

P

Plexx

Did you try backtrack the steps and see if it was CAV or CFW or D+?

you could also post in the comodo forums to see if you can get some help too.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.