Morro's Security Config

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Never notify (disabled)
Real-time security
Avast Free 2016 combined with SpyShelter Firewall, MCShield and CryptoPrevent.
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes AntiMalware and Zemana AntiMalware.
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Slimjet ( Latest version ) with these extensions...

Magic Actions for YouTube™
Web Boost
Flash Video Downloader
uBlock Origin
Lastpass Free Password Manager
Supersorter
Privacy Badger
Reddit Enhancement Suite
Image in the center
Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller
SimpleExtManager
FlashControl
Atomic Bookmarks
Maintenance tools
CCleaner with CCEnhanced and PrivaZer.
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Professional

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Biozfear said:
Did you try backtrack the steps and see if it was CAV or CFW or D+?

you could also post in the comodo forums to see if you can get some help too.

Well no not really, but since it was blocking the steam servers i noe think it could be CFW. ( But please do not quote me on that. ) And Dohh...i should have thought about the Comodo Forums, thanks for reminding me Biozfear. :)

Reactions: Logethica
P

Plexx

No worries. You might need to do a bug report... which reminds me I need to do one too.
Someone know the last version of the signatures form the 18th of July? forgot to write it down....

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Well so far the only one who responded with a post in my thread on the Comodo Forums was Chiron, he has not re visited my thread. No one else seems to have CIS and Steam on their computers it seems, so i decided to stick with Avast Free v7 again. ( Shame though that it hat to go this way, i would have liked to continue using CIS. :( )

Before it is mentioned, i did wait for 5 days to see if my problem would get a happy end...before deciding to stick with Avast Free v7 again.

P

Plexx

Do you consider using a firewall? If so, you could use windows 7 firewall with Tinywall or PrivateFirewall or even just windows 7 firewall on its own, since you are also a gamer.

Too bad about your CIS experience.

Beware of avast autosandbox. it sandboxed one of my games patcher out of nowhere. Always pay close attention to it.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Biozfear said:
Do you consider using a firewall? If so, you could use windows 7 firewall with Tinywall or PrivateFirewall or even just windows 7 firewall on its own, since you are also a gamer.

Too bad about your CIS experience.

Beware of avast autosandbox. it sandboxed one of my games patcher out of nowhere. Always pay close attention to it.

Actually i am using the Windows Firewall at the moment.

Yeah it is to bad, i will continue to watch my thread on the Comodo forums for a while longer just in case. Thanks for the warning about the auto sandbox Biozfear. :)

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
After a while of testing, i am happy that CIS is finally working normally with steam. I have no idea as to why though, i installed CIS in the same manner as before and it allowed steam to work as it should after that...go figure?

Any way i did remove Sandboxie, not because it wasn't working, but because i think that with what i use i do not really need it. Besides i also have ToolWiz Time Freeze installed. ( And yes i know it is not Sandboxie, but still. :) )

EDIT: Forgot to mention that beside CCleaner i also started using PrivaZer.

P

Plexx

Glad CIS issue has been fixed for you. As for me, it is still random...
If I can't fully figure it out I will open a bug report and try to describe the whole incident.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Thank you Umbra Corp and Biozfear. :)

Yeah a bug report might have helped more and faster i guess, then the threads i made on the steam forums and from Comodo.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
For the time being i removed Adblock Plus, and i am now trying out the combination of Nimi Cleanser and Webfilter Pro.

Also, does any one know how i can set Nimi Cleanser to allow Yahoo mail to work?

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I am back with Adblock Plus (Beta), it just feels better to me. :)

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Due to the fact that i installed CIS v6 today i made some changes in my setup. :)

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Yeah i like it how it is now. I did not install CCE because it is now part of CIS. :)

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I hat almost forgotten to update my security config. :)

I gave up on CIS v6 shortly after installing it, i went back to CIS v5.12 pretty fast. Also i gave up on Comodo Dragon and started using Firefox again. I installed CCleaner and Spyware Blaster again...well unless i fogot something then that is it. :)

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Gnosis said:
What is EMET?

It is short for "Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit" and you can read more about it here. :)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/srd/archive/2012/05/15/introducing-emet-v3.aspx

There is a link to the download page for EMET on that page should you want to try it.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
That is always good to know, but i do not have windows 8. And i do not know when i will get it. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.