ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Mouse Pointer Speed reduced to its half speed
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
0. Do a System Restore prior to that. - no effect, then tried 1.
1. Uninstall/reinstall Synaptics. - no effect, then tried 2.
2. Uninstall/reinstall mouse/touchpad driver. - no effect then tried 3.
3. Adjust registry settings and reverted again to its normal settings. - what? still no effect!
First time I have encountered this. I always set my pointer speed (touchpad on netbook) to maximum, and using Synaptics Touch Pad, also enable "momentum."

I booted on a USB using GParted Live ISO. The mouse pointer speed was so fast there. I rebooted back to Windows, then this strange thing happened: the speed of the pointer was reduced to half. At full speed scale, it was the average, normal speed. Even though I use momentum, still slow for me.

I tried these four things:

0. Do a System Restore prior to that. - no effect, then tried 1.
1. Uninstall/reinstall Synaptics. - no effect, then tried 2.
2. Uninstall/reinstall mouse/touchpad driver. - no effect then tried 3.
3. Adjust registry settings and reverted again to its normal settings. - what? still no effect!

All these four things resulted to NOTHING. Still the speed was half its normal speed. SYSTEM RESTORE failed me! Though I had a successful system restore, but the touchpad speed wasn't reverted back to its normal speed!

Pls help!

I do NOT want to reinstall Windows!

Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.