MS Security Essentials + Voodoosheild free + EMET

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Hello, i wan't to know if this combo is ok... :
MS security essencials + Voodoosheild free + EMET + Keyscrambler + MB Anti-Exploit.
I already have firewall and on demand scanners.
Thanks

Reactions: omidomi

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
which on demand scanner?

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Malwarebytes free + hitman.pro + herdprotect + clamAV + EEK + eset online scanner (I don't use the last on my pc for the moment but I for helping on other persons pcs)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
It's OK, just add some ad blocker on browser and some URL check (Trafficlight or Avira Browser Safety).
BTW: what firewall you have and which version of Windows?

Reactions: frogboy
T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Oh sory @Av Gurus I forgot to show wich version of windows I have : Windows 7 Home premium
i use binisoft windows firewall and I already have Trafficlight :)

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Good combine i have nothing to say :)

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That should be a sufficient configuration already, EMET and MBAE are highly acceptable to use them as they are same on the concept with different mechanism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Online_Sword

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Online_Sword: MBAM Forum Link

Overview on that link: (Paraphrase)

• We should clear out that EMET's design of anti-exploit protection is based to protect 3rd party programs like browsers, PDF and others from vulnerabilities by providing ASLR, DEP and SEHOP techniques so to force them run on that case and prevent any mitigation attacks.
  • Meanwhile for MBAE more as anti-exploit protection to provide prevention through multiple techniques, which why you will encounter block notification attacks on a site that tries to exploit.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I think it should work quite well for you. ;)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Maybe you could replace MSE and put Avira Free.
Much better protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.