MT Giveaway Clear-Up (Directed towards Giveaway Experts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I see that there will be a giveaway running for Norton Antivirus and one running for Total Uninstall Professional that requires their name, email address, and country. I have no problem providing my first name, but a little uncomfortable providing my last name to any website or member. Email address and country is no problem for me too. Do I need to use my first + last name or only first?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I see that there will be a giveaway running for Norton Antivirus and one running for Total Uninstall Professional that requires their name, email address, and country. I have no problem providing my first name, but a little uncomfortable providing my last name to any website or member. Email address and country is no problem for me too. Do I need to use my first + last name or only first?
Do I know your real name? :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There are a couple vendors that require this to get the licenses. The only reason I agree to this is that like some have said,it's ok to be Justin Beaver(I know its Bieber) every once in a while. Avast required it also but most of these require you to register an account even for free versions.Some flag disposable/Temp. emails but I think we all know you can have multiple gmail/yahoo accounts.I have some that I just use for software registrations. Total uninstall was either that way or no way.I am just bringing the giveaway if it is a problem and you don't feel comfortable giving your alias or email then you dont't have to enter.Sometimes these are the vendor requirements.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
There are a couple vendors that require this to get the licenses. The only reason I agree to this is that like some have said,it's ok to be Justin Beaver(I know its Bieber) every once in a while. Avast required it also but most of these require you to register an account even for free versions.Some flag disposable/Temp. emails but I think we all know you can have multiple gmail/yahoo accounts.I have some that I just use for software registrations. Total uninstall was either that way or no way.I am just bringing the giveaway if it is a problem and you don't feel comfortable giving your alias or email then you dont't have to enter.Sometimes these are the vendor requirements.
So are you saying an alias is okay?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
So are you saying an alias is okay?
This requirement is no different than if you had to register for a free software or a free trial.If you win you send me the information and I pass it along to Gavrila Martau,the owner who sends you the key.I am sure since he is a smaller vendor he has concerns for where his licenses that he gives away are going.
The name is really an issue but he is going to provide you a key via email.So I would make sure you use a valid email
Is it OK ? It is your right to protect your privacy.
Best advice I can give is that if your not comfortable doing something,don't do it.

Reactions: XhenEd

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
This requirement is no different than if you had to register for a free software or a free trial.If you win you send me the information and I pass it along to Gavrila Martau,the owner who sends you the key.I am sure since he is a smaller vendor he has concerns for where his licenses that he gives away are going.
The name is really an issue but he is going to provide you a key via email.So I would make sure you use a valid email
Is it OK ? It is your right to protect your privacy.
Best advice I can give is that if your not comfortable doing something,don't do it.
I have no concern over my email or country. Would my first name work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.