Mundungas config

Mundungas

Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Partition 1 Setup: Win7 Ultimate

Realtime: KIS 2013 / Exploitshield Beta / Keyscrambler Pro
On-demand: Malwarebytes Pro / HitmanPro / Sandboxie free
Web Browser: Firefox 17 / Chrome 23 Stable / Iron Portable 22 Stable / Opera 12.12 / IE 8
Extensions and Plugins: Gosthery / WOT / AdblockPlus / all KIS plugins

Backup: Macrium Reflect free (all backups done via WinPE disk)

Windows Update: Manual updating

System Utility: Auslogics Disk Defrag / CCleaner / Puran Defrag / Glary Utilities

File Encryption: TrueCrypt / The Vault

---------------------------

Partition 2 Setup: XP SP3

Realtime: Avast IS ver7(without the firewall and Behavioral shield --autosandbox disabled also) / Comodo Firewall ver5.12 / Keyscrambler Pro
On-demand: Malwarebytes Pro / HitmanPro / Sandboxie free
Web Browser: Firefox 17 / Chrome 23 Stable / Iron Portable 22 Stable / Opera 12.12 / IE 8
Extensions and Plugins: Gosthery / WOT / AdblockPlus / Avast WebRep

Backup: Acronis True Image 2012 with Plus Pack

Windows Update: Manual updating

System Utility: Auslogics Disk Defrag / CCleaner / Puran Defrag / Glary Utilities

File Encryption: TrueCrypt / The Vault

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Aug 26, 2012
Good config! But I don't recommend running both Avast firewall and Comodo firewall at the same time because there's a possibility that the two software might clash. You can either disable Avast's firewall or uninstall Comodo firewall.

D

Deleted member 178

Realtime: Avast IS ver7 / Comodo Firewall ver5.12 / Keyscrambler Pro

as said above using 2 firewalls may generates conflicts and lessen your security because of the drivers installed by both Avast & comodo, so you must uninstall Avast Firewall module or uninstall Comodo (disabling it is not enough)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello,

Some addons that you can add, are Lastpass (one of the best password managers out there), HTTPS Everywhere, No Script. :)

Mundungas

Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
@nishadrox / @Umbra Corp.

I am sorry to confuse you on the realtime protection. Newbie :) post and I was actually having a hard time editing it yesterday. I use,

Avast IS ver7(without the firewall and Behavioral shield --autosandbox disabled also).
Comodo firewall with D+
--exclusions were set for both. I like Comodo firewall better than Avast's. Just wanted to use the license I have.

@McLovin,

I'll check it out. Previously I had HTTPS Everywhere and NoScript. NoScriot was causing my FDM to not function previously. But I'll check it out again. About password managers, as of the moment I am keen on having one as I only have all my passwords in an encrypted text file in an encrypted vault( I sue The Vault I got it from Wilders). I manually copy/paste it when I need it. Am downloading Lastpass now. I also have a TrueCrypt protected volume for sensitive files. (forgot to mention that also in the config sorry!).

Mundungas

Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
EDIT:

Partition 1 Setup: Win7 Ultimate

Realtime:
KIS 2013
uninstalled Exploitshield Beta
Keyscrambler Pro

Partition 2 Setup: XP SP3

Realtime:
Avast IS ver7 (no firewall/uninstalled sandbox/autosandbox disabled, Behaviroal shield disabled)
Comodo Firewall ver6(no AV with D+ and BS)
Keyscrambler Pro

P

Plexx

Mundungas said:
Avast IS ver7 (no firewall/uninstalled sandbox/autosandbox disabled, Behaviroal shield disabled)

If you disable avast! Behavior Shield, Script Shield will not work despite being enabled. SS needs BS enabled.

Wish avast! would make it easier by automatically disabling modules that depend on other modules if such modules get disabled.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.