My computer defence system

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
I'd be glad to know what "GTG" means here, is it a malware-removal training course?

Geeks To Go one would assume ;) They offer a malware removal boot camp. I would think @Aura that you are allowed to suggest official tools such as Microsoft Genuine Advantage validation and the like, but it would be forbidden to suggest someone to do anything which would involve modifying their computer.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Geeks To Go one would assume ;) They offer a malware removal boot camp. I would think @Aura that you are allowed to suggest official tools such as Microsoft Genuine Advantage validation and the like, but it would be forbidden to suggest someone to do anything which would involve modifying their computer.

Yes it stands for GeeksToGo. Ah and nevermind, the tool I know of is an official Microsoft tool. Should we make the OP use it and see if it's copy of Windows is genuine or not ?

Reactions: Cowpipe

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Yes it stands for GeeksToGo. Ah and nevermind, the tool I know of is an official Microsoft tool. Should we make the OP use it and see if it's copy of Windows is genuine or not ?

That would have to be the OPs choice I'd say ;)

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Geeks To Go one would
assume ;) They offer a malware removal boot camp. I would think @Aura that you are allowed to suggest official tools such as Microsoft Genuine Advantage validation and the like, but it would be forbidden to suggest someone to do anything which would involve modifying their computer.

I am a bit late...but that matters not. Shouldn't be GeekstoGo be rather called GG, because 'to' is usually hidden in English abbreviations? ... Oh, my scientist instincts never sleep... It is true, I remember that 6 years ago I completed my training, but I cannot find my downloaded certificate and it's long since I'm inactive over MalwareRemoval Forum. You're not allowed to suggest any modification or participate in any malware-removal team.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I am a bit late...but that matters not. Shouldn't be GeekstoGo be rather called GG, because 'to' is usually hidden in English abbreviations? ... Oh, my scientist instincts never sleep... It is true, I remember that 6 years ago I completed my training, but I cannot find my downloaded certificate and it's long since I'm inactive over MalwareRemoval Forum. You're not allowed to suggest any modification or participate in any malware-removal team.

You are free to go sign up on GTG/G2G and share that tought with them, lol.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.