Phan Tam's Config

Phan Tam

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 26, 2014
Hi all, I am currently using Windows 8.1, that's awesome, i think it much better than Windows 8 and even Windows 7. I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2014, i think 2015 is slower than 2014 and it looks so boring. That's my share, how about you guys ?

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I moved from KIS2014 to KIS2015 around a month ago, I experienced no issues yet with it.
Also, I wouldn't count on Windows Built-in file history (Shadow Volume Copy service) feature to back-up your files to be honest. Although it's a good feature, it's not 100% efficient.

Reactions: yigido

Phan Tam

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 26, 2014
Well, i think it's faster than another backup methods, although it takes alot space of my hard drive :)

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Well, i think it's faster than another backup methods, although it takes alot space of my hard drive :)

It will be useless if you hit a malware (mainly Cryptowares) that delete the Shadow Volume Copy cache, you know that right ?

Reactions: Phan Tam

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
good config! maybe add Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro as On-demand Scanners...

Y

yigido

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2014, i think 2015 is slower than 2014 and it looks so boring.
TtE5hoK.png

Did you try ? I love KIS 2015 and UI is better than 2014

Reactions: Oxygen

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would recommend KIS 2015 also.Although a nice GUI is pleasant to look at the newer updated version is more important to me.
Nice config !! Thanks for sharing it :)

Reactions: yigido

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Also, what are your computer specs ? Forgot to ask in my first post.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.