Jmin's Config

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Hello @jmin
You have very weak config but here are tips to make it better :)
  • If you don't have enabled UAC enable it. UAC can save you PC.
  • Install on-demand scanners example MBAM,Zemana
  • Install Ccleaner or Privazer
  • Install Https everywhere and uBlock to your browser.
  • Install LastPass to organize your password
Thanks for sharing your config.
Sayonara ;)

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Looks good with Kapersky Antivirus, a good detection. Nice and simple config. Have you left out any other programs you use ?

Here's a short list of programs I like to maintain my PC with,

Adguard extention to block adds on Chrome. I don't use Chrome but I'd use this if I had it.

Also if you want a second opinion to an Antivirus, look into the free version of Malwarebytes Free for a free online scanner.

Unchecky Automaticly unchecks the extras on software program installations

My two favorite PC cleaners, they clean a lot of junk files, and have nice other functions too.

CCleaner
Wise Care 365

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you, jmin, for sharing your configuration! I'm in agreement with the advice already showered on you, ..& may even view the video of Wisecare 365 as it is one item I've not tried yet.:rolleyes:

I'll add the optional addition of Sandboxie, a free program which you would then open your Chrome browser inside of to add an extra layer of protection. It utilizes a virtual sandbox which *makes all changes temporary once the 'sandbox' used is deleted at the end your session.
Thanks!;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In case of any problems to chrome then you may add either Opera or Firefox as backup browser.

From your case a settings of UAC at default should be fine to you.

More backup, much better; try to use cloud like Google Drive, Skydrive, Dropbox and others.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.