My Configuration

aliloxton

Verified
Oct 11, 2013
Nice config. One recommendation to maintain or rather secure this configuration i.ee add Faronics Deep Freeze.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I've tried Deep Freeze. Didn't like it. I have ShadowDefender anyway. Don't need deep Freeze.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Nice job. The real-time security on the "other configuration" is tight as well.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
RollBack doesn't protect the MBR from modification. In fact I've seen folks with corrupted base image from rootkit infection on Rollback RX. No thanks.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I understand DMR is Drop My Rights, but what about the Restricted browser and Downloads folder. What do you mean by that, what settings have you customised for this?

kjdemuth

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Sorry Earth. Restricted means nothing is allowed to run or have internet access other than basic items like Firefox.exe, Plugin.exe and one other one. Like java is allowed to run but doesn't have internet access. The Download folder is basically a folder that all my downloads from any of my browsers go to. It is sandboxed, so anything that runs or starts in that folder is sandboxed and doesn't have internet access. Therefore allowing me to test it and scan it at some point.

Reactions: Ink

zeusc4

Level 4
Verified
Feb 2, 2013
what kind of things you do using this machine ? i felt like you are controlling US nuclear missiles or Drones . that paranoid

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Great! looks very nice and solid config for me, tight and safe.
Thanks for sharing your config, I'm going to try Shadow Defender now

kjdemuth

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
what kind of things you do using this machine ? i felt like you are controlling US nuclear missiles or Drones . that paranoid
Hahahaha. I wouldn't say paranoid. It's a pretty light layered defense. There is only a little overlap in using Hitman Pro alert and MBAM AE. They are both so light that it can't really hurt to use them. Other than that everything else is what you would normally see in a Security suite.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.