My Daughters Laptop-Security

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
my dad once called one software engg ( son of his friend) and he setup one account for me with Limited feature and parental control. :(
But then I re installed win7 and did the similar setup. But now this time I have administrator password :D.
Few days later that soft enng guy came and he tried to check the computer. Now the password was changed. So could not log in to windows. :D . And he thought he forgot the password :D:D:D:D:D:D. So he left without saying anything :cool:.

Till the I manage the computer and my dad thinks that soft engg did a very good setup and it's running fine :p.

Reactions: Behold Eck

Zeitas

Level 2
Verified
Apr 27, 2014
Computer Monitor: Gecko Monitor (For keeping track of my kids activities)o_O

Is it necessary? The government does it already.;):cool:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Your daughter's configuration seems very solid thanks to her Dad.;) How has it been working for the two of you?:)
The first I'd heard of "SecureAPlus" was today on this thread, and my search brought me back to our site :rolleyes: to read about it on a separate thread that began over a year ago and reached all the way to the present.:p Does it currently provide a secondary layer of protectiono_O beside ESET NOD 32?
For anyone (like me) whom hasn't known, this software has now reached v3.2.1. stable & v3.2.2. Beta.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/secureaplus-freemium.17236/page-5

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Eset ia a very good and easy solution with very few fp's and windows 8.1 has the smartscreen feature which (if on) does reputation checks and blocks suspicious programs the user wants to run. So its a great function which will serve your daughter well and wont allow her to run "grey" apps.
What I fully recommend is k9 web protection. Its a parental control aplication but it can block malicious pagew very effectively, no matter the browser, and wont let such pages to load anything.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Your daughter's configuration seems very solid thanks to her Dad.;) How has it been working for the two of you?:)
The first I'd heard of "SecureAPlus" was today on this thread, and my search brought me back to our site :rolleyes: to read about it on a separate thread that began over a year ago and reached all the way to the present.:p Does it currently provide a secondary layer of protectiono_O beside ESET NOD 32?
For anyone (like me) whom hasn't known, this software has now reached v3.2.1. stable & v3.2.2. Beta.
http://malwaretips.com/threads/secureaplus-freemium.17236/page-5
Thanks.
It's fine other than the slow boot.
I like SecureAPlus alot, it doesn't use NOD32 to my knowledge...I know it uses clam av along with a few others.
I just use the whitelisting part (very similar to nvterp)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Oops!:oops: I must have mistaken :confused: your own "..Real-Time Protection", after seeing ESET NOD on your signature at the bottom, and thought it was being used alongside the SecureAPlus on your daughter's computer!:D
I'd read that SecureAPlus can provide a second layer of protection together with:eek: another AV,o_O something that goes against most of what I've learned here; and yet, for the first time ever, I'm using two AVs together, Avast Premier & AdAware Pro (in compatibility mode).;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.