Battle My friend's request: Comodo Internet Security 7.0 or AVG Antivirus Free 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

potinglin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
My friends was asking: Which one give better protection? AVG Antivirus Free 2014 or Comodo Internet Security 7.

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Hello,

Both of them are good products. But most importantly, what kind of user is your friend? I mean, if he/she is a Power User, and likes to tweak the settings of a product, Comodo will suit well to him/her. But if he's/she's not that much of a tech-savvy person, and dont want to deal with popups or do some advanced setups, then go for AVG.

Pros and cons :

Comodo
+Comodo has firewall, and its usage basics is more well-rounded.
-Its not just simple-to-use as AVG, Avast! or Avira etc. Needs more attention, lots of user-decided pop-ups, good for Advanced users.

AVG
+AVG doesnt include a firewall in its Free solution, yet its well-enough to protect a normal user in a daily basis of usage. Good choice for Normal users.
-Some advertisement pop-ups, slightly lower detection rates, yet still acceptable.

Some similar free and good AV options just as AVG : Avast Free, Avira Free, BitDefender Free and the list goes on.. Just test and decide which one suits the best!

Have a good day! :)

Last edited:

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Comodo! And Comodo is a little different than it used to be, it's default settings are fine for an average user and offers better protection than AVG tweaked to death :)

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
You can't compare a horrible program to a better one..

AVG = Horrible

Comodo = Best

First of it, there is NO best security software on earth. Secondly, you can't throw away a whole software and a company by assuming it as "Horrible"..Surely you can do that in your own state, but you should not affect others with your personal thoughts, because your "Horrible" doesn't make them "Horrible".

Thanks.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
First of it, there is NO best security software on earth. Secondly, you can't throw away a whole software and a company by assuming it as "Horrible"..Surely you can do that in your own state, but you should not affect others with your personal thoughts, because your "Horrible" doesn't make them "Horrible".

Thanks.
1. I mean Comodo is better than AVG... meaning better
2. Alot of other people agree that AVG is horrible.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
I'm not a fan of Comodo, (detection disappoints me a bit and I do not use it and do not like), but ...
In this comparison both have a very similar detection but have to admit that Comodo is more complete, has a sensational proactive defense, outside your firewall that is free.
Another idea would be Avg with Comodo firewall. Or my favorite 360Is + Cfw

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.