My Kaspersky Internet Security keeps freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetta1223

Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2013
Hello,

I don't know why but my programs keep freezing and I have to close them, even Kaspersky. I just began using Advanced System Care by Iobit because I really like their products, but could that be the cause? Is that program safe to use? I also recently installed Sandboxie and Threatfire by PC Tools for security protection because I'm working on fixing my Malwarebytes Pro.

In fact, just now my Advanced System Care froze up as well.

Any advise about these products and what may causing my heavier programs to freeze up?

Thank you,
Jetta1223

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
What is the age of your computer and how much memory does he have? Did you ran a full scan with Advanced system care?
please check how much CPU + RAM you have when you dont to anything on the computer. If you can, try to run a full anti-virus scan.

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
The latest proper functioning Kaspersky was Kaspersky 2011. Than the problems started, and they last so far.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
If you weren't having issues with Kaspersky before introducing those other programs on to your system, the odds are that one or more of your new addition(s) is/are causing a conflict with Kaspersky.

jetta1223

Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2013
Hi MD, Thank you for your reply. My computer is about 3 years old, it's a Lenovo Ideapad with 4GB RAM. And I do many Anti--Virus/Malware scans on my computer some with Advance System Protection but mostly alot of other programs recommended by MalwareTip members here. But since I've been using Advance System Care I could hear my fan turn on, perhaps it's using a lot of energy from my computer or a lot of resources? I tried using Glary Utilities which is nice and light and kind of easy, except I don't know too much about the registry and all that kind of stuff and I end up deleting things without understanding what I'm deleting, I chose ASC to do it for me. I like the look and how it works, it's really cool actually. Like being a co-pilot in a rocketship :) But maybe it's too heavy? And I wonder if the company is safe and secure. Do you know them IOrbit? I think it's a Chinese company, but they have really awesome products.

When I run ASC, the CPU is generally low between 0-20, but the memory is higher usually about 20-35% when nothing else is running except my security software ( Kaspersky, and the paid versions of SuperAntiSpyware Pro and MalwareBytes Pro). which also run in the background.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Depending on your system specs,CPU & RAM this might be a cause when running all these programs.

When did the freezes start? After installation of ASC,ThreatFire,Sandboxie or all of them.

What Kaspersky are you running, Antivirus or Internet Security? What Version are you using (2013,2014,ect. )

To me this sounds like either too many programs drawing on your resources,however I don't know what yours are or some type of problem with 1 or more of the 3 softwares you installed.

Kaspersky is not the problem here,all versions work fine.In the past I have had problems with ASC similar to what you are experiencing.

IObit makes some good programs but I prefer using CCleaner as I have never had any problems while using it.

The best thing to do would be to Uninstall ASC,I use IObit Uninstller and since you are an IObit fan I am sure you use it also.Tick create restore point then Uninstall ASC and when done scan for leftover items and delete any of these.Then restart your PC and see how it runs after that.

If you are still having problems,Uninstall ThreatFire using the same as above.Restart and see how it runs.

Still no luck Uninstall Sandboxie in the same fashion as above.Restart and see if that makes a difference.

Without knowing your PC's specs,the order in which you installed the software and when the problem actually began I am just guessing.It sounds to me as though you installed a few new programs and the freezes began and That Kaspersky had been installed prior to these 3 and you never experienced this problem.

Final note I don't know what you mean by "working on fixing MBAM Pro" ?

jetta1223

Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2013
The latest proper functioning Kaspersky was Kaspersky 2011. Than the problems started, and they last so far.

Perhaps that is true... but I really like Kaspersky, it's user friendly and a good product I think.

jetta1223

Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2013
If you weren't having issues with Kaspersky before introducing those other programs on to your system, the odds are that one or more of your new addition(s) is/are causing a conflict with Kaspersky.

Yes, you are probably right... I'm trying to figure that out :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hi MD, Thank you for your reply. My computer is about 3 years old, it's a Lenovo Ideapad with 4GB RAM. And I do many Anti--Virus/Malware scans on my computer some with Advance System Protection but mostly alot of other programs recommended by MalwareTip members here. But since I've been using Advance System Care I could hear my fan turn on, perhaps it's using a lot of energy from my computer or a lot of resources? I tried using Glary Utilities which is nice and light and kind of easy, except I don't know too much about the registry and all that kind of stuff and I end up deleting things without understanding what I'm deleting, I chose ASC to do it for me. I like the look and how it works, it's really cool actually. Like being a co-pilot in a rocketship :) But maybe it's too heavy? And I wonder if the company is safe and secure. Do you know them IOrbit? I think it's a Chinese company, but they have really awesome products.

When I run ASC, the CPU is generally low between 0-20, but the memory is higher usually about 20-35% when nothing else is running except my security software ( Kaspersky, and the paid versions of SuperAntiSpyware Pro and MalwareBytes Pro). which also run in the background.

Are you using Kaspersky Antivirus or Kaspersky Internet Security? I am thinking you really dont need threatfire running with SAS and MBAM Pro.I would disable any real time protection you have enabled in a couple of these.I have had problems with ASC thats why I do not use it and if you are not really careful it can delete a registry item you really need.

I would bet its ASC or a combo of multiple softwares you have running.I doubt it's MBAM or Sandboxie.Any problems with Sandboxie usually occur on installation with the installer crashing and installing an earlier version takes care of that.

Last edited:

jetta1223

Thread author
Verified
Dec 22, 2013
Depending on your system specs,CPU & RAM this might be a cause when running all these programs.

When did the freezes start? After installation of ASC,ThreatFire,Sandboxie or all of them.

What Kaspersky are you running, Antivirus or Internet Security? What Version are you using (2013,2014,ect. )

To me this sounds like either too many programs drawing on your resources,however I don't know what yours are or some type of problem with 1 or more of the 3 softwares you installed.

Kaspersky is not the problem here,all versions work fine.In the past I have had problems with ASC similar to what you are experiencing.

IObit makes some good programs but I prefer using CCleaner as I have never had any problems while using it.

The best thing to do would be to Uninstall ASC,I use IObit Uninstller and since you are an IObit fan I am sure you use it also.Tick create restore point then Uninstall ASC and when done scan for leftover items and delete any of these.Then restart your PC and see how it runs after that.

If you are still having problems,Uninstall ThreatFire using the same as above.Restart and see how it runs.

Still no luck Uninstall Sandboxie in the same fashion as above.Restart and see if that makes a difference.

Without knowing your PC's specs,the order in which you installed the software and when the problem actually began I am just guessing.It sounds to me as though you installed a few new programs and the freezes began and That Kaspersky had been installed prior to these 3 and you never experienced this problem.

Final note I don't know what you mean by "working on fixing MBAM Pro" ?

Hi Exterminator, how are you? Thank you for your reply. The freezes happen every so often when I install software, but it's really happening more now. You are probably right about the RAM and processor, is it worth it to install more RAM, or just buy another computer? Currently I have 4GB RAM. Now I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2014. I tried using CC Cleaner and I accidently deleted an important file and messed up my computer... so I need something more user friendly. I tried Glary Utilities but even that one is not entirely safe without a little knowledge about what you are doing. That's why I have to rely on ASC to do it for me, unfortunately, as I'm not too knowledgeable about all of that. Yes, I will try to uninstall ASC with Iobit's Uninstaller, but I heard it is difficult to remove everything as it leaves a lot on the computer and I don't have knowledge about that.

Yes, I made another post earlier about problems with my MalwareBytes... I use the pro version, so it runs in the background but it has caught some trojans, so I think it's worth it. But I don't want to use it with ThreatFire, both are not necessary, but right now I'm trying to fix the issue with MalwareBytes which I will put on another post, it has to do with some kind of rootkit or rogue or something that is playing around with the MalwareBytes software/protection settings and updates, as well as my Windows Updates too! I will post for help with those soon.

Reactions: Exterminator

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Jetta if you are not using a 64-bit operating system no more amount of memory will help as a 32-bit operating system will only recognize 4 GB on Windows 7 & 8.When you use CCleaner and run a registry scan when you click "Fix selected Issues" it will ask you to back up,click yes and take note where the backup is saved.It is usually saved in Documents.If you have a problem with something that shouldn't have been deleted you can run the back up and you will be back to before the scan.When you unistall with IObit uninstaller it will ask you to create a restore point,tick that box.It will first use the programs uninstaller and after completion click scan for leftover files.If it finds none you will get a popup window stating that fact.If it finds them you will see them listed tick the first box and all boxes following it will be ticked and then click remove.Usually a restart is a good idea after uninstalling.Certain software will ask if you want to restart after IObit runs through the uninstallation process just click restart later and continue.Once the leftover items are removed then restart yoyur PC

D

Deleted member 178

KIS alone is powerful enough, remove all the other security softs and those placebo cleaning software (ASC, etc...) , im sure you will see your system coming back to normal

burninghey

Apr 13, 2014
Hi there, i have the same problem.

After installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 two weeks ago, sometimes my whole system (incl. mouse!) freeze for approx. 10-20 seconds. Freezes occur when i'm surfing with Firefox. I tried to disable the Kaspersky Firefox addons, plus each single component one by one. With disabled filesystem-antivirus freezes does not seem to be that often, but they still occur from time to time.

Most of the time my system is under heavy use. 2 Games opened (World of Tanks, Anno 2070), Firefox 50+ Tabs, sometimes Chrome too. 16gb Ram, SSD, 4gb Ramdisk, Core i7 2760qm, GTX 560M, Win7 64. Ah, its a Notebook. Freezes like that never happenend before KIS.

D

Deleted member 178

i observed 2 interesting points:

...After installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 two weeks ago, sometimes my whole system (incl. mouse!) freeze for approx. 10-20 seconds. Freezes occur when i'm surfing with Firefox...

...Firefox 50+ Tabs, sometimes Chrome too...

KIS has url filters , so with 50+ pages opened , including addons resources usage (not cheap in FF) , it may be a reason to your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.