Showcase randj89 gaming PC

OS installed
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Motherboard
Changed motherboard to Gigabytes GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GPU
Dual - ATI AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB Dual Channel PCI-E 3.0 with CrossFire // Monitor Samsung 28" UHD 4k - 590 (Resolution: 3840 x 2160) with FreeSync
RAM
32 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance overclocked with Intel XMP
Storage
OS (0) = Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB SSD. *****UPGRADE****
Extras (1) = PNY CS2111 240 GB / Gaming E.d. *****UPGRADE****
Extra (2) =7,200 RPM HD toshiba ******FACTORY****
Accessories
Did change a lot of my hardware! Got a new CM Storm Stryker Case. Monitor Samsung 28" UHD 4k - 590 (Resolution: 3840 x 2160)
Monitor and graphics card are connected through DP(Display Port) using ***AMD FreeSync*** @ 4k. BOUGHT A LOGITECH SURROUND SYSTEM AND IT'S WORKING WONDERFULLY!

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
So it's been a while since I did changes to my PC. Recently I just decided to power up and changed the case from a phantom nzft 240 to CM Storm Stryker and changed motherboard to support CrossFire and added a second Radeon R9 390 8GB even though it runs at 16x + 4x. Added a cooler master Hyper 212 EVO and changed the cpu from i5 to i7 plus added and extra 16 gigs making it 32 gigs.
****Now the only thing I'm missing is a 144hz gaming monitor****

UPDATE:
I did get a 144hz monitor. ViewSonic XG2701. Yes it's 1080p but it's nice for the job my next one will be a benq 2k or let's see if they throw a 4k.

Last edited:

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Definitely worth the price.Samsung,Intel,Corsair are probably the best SSD's IMO.Intel is a bit pricier than Samsung
Yes I paid $160(USD) for samsung 850 evo 500 GB and $70(USD) for PNY 250 GB SSD but I don't regret it a minute I'm in love with the drives.

Nice computer.
Thanks! :)
Definitely worth the price.Samsung,Intel,Corsair are probably the best SSD's IMO.Intel is a bit pricier than Samsung
BTW the computer price was overall more than $2000 the most expensive parts were the 4k monitor ($600) and the graphics cards ($379) it's an IBUYPOWER PC, I got a basic one and bought the hardware myself. I saved more money that way. I tried doing the upgrades on the website but they would charged a lot more money for the same upgrades. So I opt for doing it myself.

I bought the pc for $800 the rest I did swapped or upgraded myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
I

illumination

Nice gaming rig, should last you a long while resource and power wise.

What are you running for a cooling system?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Yes I paid $160(USD) for samsung 850 evo 500 GB and $70(USD) for PNY 250 GB SSD but I don't regret it a minute I'm in love with the drives.Thanks! :)
Wow that is an awesome price for the Samsung SSD.Is it new or refurbished? Is it a 3-D Vertical?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
SSD (check); you are enlisted to be one of the RK (rich kid) due to its pricey. ;) Joke but its a terrific choice.

That should fit for the rest of the years.

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Nice gaming rig, should last you a long while resource and power wise.

What are you running for a cooling system?

It has three huge fans and the case has ventilation everywhere I've been checking the temperature and it doesn't go any higher than 106 Fahrenheit but I'm buying a corsair liquid system... don't know which one yet though.

SSD (check); you are enlisted to be one of the RK (rich kid) due to its pricey. ;) Joke but its a terrific choice.

That should fit for the rest of the years.

LOL I make good money but that doesn't mean anything.... I don't like categories, we are all the same. And for lifetime I'm convinced this should last me at least 3 or 4 years.

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am not promoting Amazon or Samsung either but +1 to both Amazon Prime & Samsung :D I am a Prime member also ;) I went with the Samsung 250 GB 3-D Vertical Nand SSD from newegg for $97 as I think with a 1 TB HDD for all my junk I will be fine with just the OS a small amount of programs on the 250 GB SSD.
Enjoy your new machine!! Nothing like opening a bunch of new hardware and putting it all together,it is a lot of fun :)

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Been having a good experience with the PC. Just bought it a week ago and it's been wonderful. I had to upgrade the power supply from 400 watts(factory) to 850 corsair CX850M to run the new graphics card. ****My next step is to upgrade the processor to a Xeon or i7**** But that's something I'm not urgently needing.

Don't get Corsair CX power supply because they are crappy and its design for basic computer only not for gaming purpose.

Reactions: Vasudev

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Don't get Corsair CX power supply because they are crappy and its design for basic computer only not for gaming purpose.
I got it because it was the only and most powerful one available on the store at the time and I couldn't wait! It's working fine so far but I got warranty and if I run into problems I will just change it. But thanks for the suggestion :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I got it because it was the only and most powerful one available on the store at the time and I couldn't wait! It's working fine so far but I got warranty and if I run into problems I will just change it. But thanks for the suggestion :)

You got the warranty for the power supply only, but not the whole entire computer. Corsair CX have very bad reputations due to their cheap build quality and bad capacitor. For the god sake of risking your PC life which i doubt you will piss off if that happen, just get Seasonic, Superflower, Antect, Coolermaster, and EVGA.

Bad power supply lists

Good power supply lists

generalwu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
Definitely better than mine, haha. :p

I'm just curious why didn't you choose to upgrade your R9 390 and went to crossfire?

I'm in a dilemma to whether crossfire my R9 290 or upgrade to another card. :confused:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.