Ganesan's system

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
Looks good. Add some system backup option.
Could you tell what was the infection which you cleaned recently ?

Y

yigido

I recommend you. Leave Chrome and use Firefox.. And use WOT I think it is better than trafficlight.
if you have backup it is enough for you. if you have a basic knowledge. I also recommend a firewall

Y

yigido

For which reasons ?
Just a recommend.. You have more customized browser with add-ons.
Most important think is PRİVACY. You know we are talking about "Google Chrome". If he wants same features with Chrome and Privacy.. He has a little options
Are you using Chrome mate ? You know better than me about Chrome and Google ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you use a Password Manager? I recommend LastPass and works for all browsers. Make sure your LastPass master password is long and non-guessable. LastPass also provides security checks for any compromised email addresses.

For example: Adobe data breach, I was sent an email by LastPass about my email may have been compromised.

Edit: Just to clarify. Not your email account, but your email associated with the product/service.

Last edited:
Reactions: MalwareDetective

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Just a recommend.. You have more customized browser with add-ons.
Most important think is PRİVACY. You know we are talking about "Google Chrome". If he wants same features with Chrome and Privacy.. He has a little options
Are you using Chrome mate ? You know better than me about Chrome and Google ?

You are right brah. Chrome don't own addons like no script & google privacy :)

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

I don't care about privacy :D ..... I don't have anything to hide, and don't care if infos are used by others.....hope it's better like that :p
I know you ;) But I do know this man and why I recommend him Firefox :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@yigido What privacy concerns do you have of Chrome, and how does Firefox solve them? (I'm not referring to browser extensions).

Y

yigido

@Earth here what I can found about Google Chrome browser, I recommend Dragon or SRWare Iron if you want chromium browser all these are removed in this browsers
URL Tracker
Calls depending on the configuration five seconds after launch the Google homepage opens in background

RLZ-Tracking
This Chrome-function transmits information in encoded form to Google, for example, when and where Chrome has been downloaded.

Error Reporting
Depending on the configuration, details about crashes or failures are sent Google's servers.

Alternate Error Pages
Depending on the configuration, if you have typed a false address in the adress bar, this is sent to Google and you get an error message from Google's servers.

Suggest
Depending on the configuration, each time you put something in the address line,this information is sent to Google to provide suggestions.

Installation-ID
A copy of Google Chrome includes a generated installation number which will be sent to Google after the installation and the first usage. It gets deleted when Chrome checks first time for updates.If Chrome is received as part of a promotional campaign, it may generate a unique promotion number which is sent to Google on the first run and first use of Google Chrome.

I

illumination

Looks good, only thing i would suggest is some sort of back up for your system/files

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Earth here what I can found about Google Chrome browser, I recommend Dragon or SRWare Iron if you want chromium browser all these are removed in this browsers
URL Tracker
Calls depending on the configuration five seconds after launch the Google homepage opens in background

RLZ-Tracking
This Chrome-function transmits information in encoded form to Google, for example, when and where Chrome has been downloaded.

Error Reporting
Depending on the configuration, details about crashes or failures are sent Google's servers.

Alternate Error Pages
Depending on the configuration, if you have typed a false address in the adress bar, this is sent to Google and you get an error message from Google's servers.

Suggest
Depending on the configuration, each time you put something in the address line,this information is sent to Google to provide suggestions.

Installation-ID
A copy of Google Chrome includes a generated installation number which will be sent to Google after the installation and the first usage. It gets deleted when Chrome checks first time for updates.If Chrome is received as part of a promotional campaign, it may generate a unique promotion number which is sent to Google on the first run and first use of Google Chrome.

Check your sources, some of that information is out-dated, as Google has changed some of the settings.

RLZ Identifier is partial
Client ID Error Reporting is Optional
Omnibox Suggestions is Optional
Page Not Found is Optional

So 50% of the items listed in your post are Optional and not Mandatory.

The fact is, Chrome (by Google) will provide the latest updates of the Chromium-based browser, and comes with sandboxed Flash Player, PDF-reader and Malware Blocking (only else seen in IE). For a compromise, it's worth it.

But if you don't trust Google. Then I suggest you don't use Google Search, Gmail, GDocs and Youtube or even have a Google Account.

Y

yigido

Check your sources, some of that information is out-dated, as Google has changed some of the settings.

RLZ Identifier is partial
Client ID Error Reporting is Optional
Omnibox Suggestions is Optional
Page Not Found is Optional

So 50% of the items listed in your post are Optional and not Mandatory.

The fact is, Chrome (by Google) will provide the latest updates of the Chromium-based browser, and comes with sandboxed Flash Player, PDF-reader and Malware Blocking (only else seen in IE). For a compromise, it's worth it.

But if you don't trust Google. Then I suggest you don't use Google Search, Gmail, GDocs and Youtube or even have a Google Account.

Maybe they left these service but after all these events I cannot trust Google again. I respect your choices. Mine was only suggestion
I left their services.
Startpage instead of Google Search
I do not use GMail ( I have one but this mail for spamming ;) )
I do not use GDocs and Youtube (if you mean G+), I have a video service in my country.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Maybe they left these service but after all these events I cannot trust Google again. I respect your choices. Mine was only suggestion
I left their services.
Startpage instead of Google Search
I do not use GMail ( I have one but this mail for spamming ;) )
I do not use GDocs and Youtube (if you mean G+), I have a video service in my country.

that's why i told u before that chrome is better then comodo dragon :D
i tried many search engine including stratpage & they all not give me correct search results like google do which kinda annoys me brah so why i use google as my default search engine & then duckduckgo :)
Youtube gives best video service then others, it's included a lot educational videos, entertaining videos, movies, gameplay reviews etc like that & i need gmail to sign in yt :D:D

Y

yigido

that's why i told u before that chrome is better then comodo dragon :D
i tried many search engine including stratpage & they all not give me correct search results like google do which kinda annoys me brah so why i use google as my default search engine & then duckduckgo :)
Youtube gives best video service then others, it's included a lot educational videos, entertaining videos, movies, gameplay reviews etc like that & i need gmail to sign in yt :D:D
As I said your choices, it's a matter of preference :)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
As I said your choices, it's a matter of preference :)

I know brah but if u ask 100 users which search engine they prefer then most of them vote for google coz it give accurate search results & saves a lot of time, brah :) there are some addons in firefox which helps u to minimize tracking of google like google disconnect, google privacy, google no tracking url but there are some annoying bugs with google disconnect, hope they will fix it soon in next update. many users reported google disconnect works well then others . thnx :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.