My updated configuration ( October 2014)

toffee

Level 6
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
I do backup my important data in DVD once in six month

In my opinion this is not often enough.

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Configuration updated.. looking for nice suggestions:)

Your config is pretty strong! :)
I like it so much except 2 aspects:
-backup: you need to add at least a cloud solution or an USB drive which give you a more frequent copy of your data.
-browser: i would not keep Comodo browsers 'cause they're based on old engines, slower and more vulnerables compared to newest one. I would stick with basic Firefox or Chrome to always receive newest updates as soon they're out and combine them with a good adblocker (abp for FF, Adguard for Chrome) and a good privacy extension (Ghostery , disconnect), with an optional password manager if you need it :)

Reactions: maanastr

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
Your config is pretty strong! :)
I like it so much except 2 aspects:
-backup: you need to add at least a cloud solution or an USB drive which give you a more frequent copy of your data.
-browser: i would not keep Comodo browsers 'cause they're based on old engines, slower and more vulnerables compared to newest one. I would stick with basic Firefox or Chrome to always receive newest updates as soon they're out and combine them with a good adblocker (abp for FF, Adguard for Chrome) and a good privacy extension (Ghostery , disconnect), with an optional password manager if you need it :)

Thank you. Actually I was using Firefox. But I had problem with it. It was hanged up itself and also made whole pc freeze.I tried chrome,opera,cyberfox. But only Icedragon and maxthon gave me a breakthrough from this. And yes I will buy external hardisk soon for backup.

Reactions: vrb93

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
As we already knows both are lightweight,giving fantastic protection. There is no any conflict between these two and This combo does not slow down your pc. I think it is must have option if you wanted to use combo.

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Good for you bro. Last time that I use a combo (QIS and Webroot in Win 8.1) my PC crashed and got a BSOD. :(

maanastr

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2013
configuration updated.
newly added to list: 360 TS :), Superbird brwser, EEK, Norton Power erasor
Plz suggest me suitable firewall

Looking for nice suggestions :) :)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.