Task Killer's Windows 7 PC

W

wordsmith

windows 7 firewall is good enough but if you are looking for a third party firewall comodo has the best reviews.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
You may use Comodo as firewall but as already mentioned by wordsmith, Windows 7 inbuilt firewall is also good and simple.

But one thing. If your have some sensitive information on your system please make sure you are encrypting the data.
You may use Window's Bit Locker feature ( Only available in ultimate edition I guess)

D

Deleted member 21043

I suggest you use Comodo Firewall with Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Pro. Then you will have great protection from both malware attacks and intrusion attacks.

I

illumination

Webroot ties into your windows firewall with a connections monitor, so you do not need a 3rd party firewall. I would recommend a good back up solution, if not for your personal files, at least for your system, hardware failures do happen.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Nice, Light Config compared to mine :D

Just a little too light in some corners:

1. I reccommend you add these extensions to Chrome:

-Adblock Plus
-Disconnect
-Web of Trust

2. If you have sensitive data, you should use an encryption software. My Acer had WinLocker already bundled on my computer for free, however you have to pay to get a license. 7zip is a good and free choice if you don't mind compressing/decompressing files all the time.

3. I reccommend you add some on-demand scanners (in order)

-Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
-HitmanPro
-Emsisoft Emergency Toolkit

4. You should run a free antivirus along with Webroot, as Webroot isn't conventional antivirus, it is journal-rollback technology. You should take advantage of the technology to pair it with more protection. Keep in mind that although Webroot can do this, others (conventional technology AV) can't, so you shouldn't run 2 conventional AV at the same time. I suggest Avast! Free Antivirus, or even Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials for your primary protection.

5. For the firewall, Windows default will work good enough. If you want a powerful two-way firewall, DefenseWall is the best no-annoyance solution. There's a giveaway going on for it here. Emsisoft Online Armor is a good alternative if you like free/freeware software more.

6. Like @illumination said above, I strongly recommend a backup program. Windows built-in is fine if you want to backup to an HDD, however, I use OneDrive, Dropbox, and Google Drive to back up my most sensitive stuff like documents.

That's it, actually quite small compared to others. Thanks for sharing your config, though :)

Reactions: WinXPert

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.