I use default configuration of ESET Smart Security 8.0.304.0

Attachments

• ESET.JPG
    ESET.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 377
M

Manzai

Hi :)

1. I you recommend to enable UAC. This is very important for safety.
2. Install Ccleaner, it will help to clean the browsing history and cookie.
3. Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It works like a one demand-scanning.
4. I recommend μBlock for Opera and Chrome. For Firefox, I recommend AdGuard.

For ESET configuration

7417802978.png

Enable PUP detection
Enable detection of potentially unsafe applications
Enable detection of potentially suspicious applications.

Najbrži

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 7, 2014
Hi :)

1. I you recommend to enable UAC. This is very important for safety.
2. Install Ccleaner, it will help to clean the browsing history and cookie.
3. Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It works like a one demand-scanning.
4. I recommend μBlock for Opera and Chrome. For Firefox, I recommend AdGuard.

1. I don't like it's pop ups. I enabled 3rd option.
2. I'm using often Ccleaner for few years
3. I'm very know of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software, but I don't need it. I'm using it for on demand-scanning on other people's computer.
4. Thx for that extensions, adblock works fine for FF (my main web-browser). I've installed μBlock for Opera and Chrome, thank you.

As for ESET I've disabled potentially unsafe applications beacuse of many false-positives.
PUP detection and detection of potentially suspicious applications are enabled.

Attachments

• UAC.JPG
    UAC.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 340

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
You should set UAC to: Always notify. On-demand scans should use other security solutions such as: Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, Emisoft AntiMalwre for detecting, because if a virus will go undetected of your security solution that you use in real time it will not find the virus either on-demand scanning. I reccomend to use multiple accounts in your operating system if more people use your PC and to use a password manager like LastPass( Chrome , Firefox , Opera , Desktop ) Thanks for share your config. :)

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Dosta brza konfiguracija :D

Enable UAC
Use some backup in case of disaster
Password manager

Thx for sharing your configuration ;)

Najbrži

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 7, 2014
You should set UAC to: Always notify. On-demand scans should use other security solutions such as: Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, Emisoft AntiMalwre for detecting, because if a virus will go undetected of your security solution that you use in real time it will not find the virus either on-demand scanning. I reccomend to use multiple accounts in your operating system if more people use your PC and to use a password manager like LastPass:( Chrome , Firefox , Opera , Desktop ) Thanks for share your config. :)
By "multiple people" I mean on my family - father & younger brother. As for password manager I personally use KeePass. As for viruses etc. we are well know with computer technologies and also about our computer security. Thank you on advice, but for now WE don't need programs like that 'cuz I am the one who maintains computer, cleans & repairs it.

Enable UAC
Use some backup in case of disaster
Password manager
1. did but 3rd option
2. no need altough I know them
3. KeePass

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely enable UAC
on demand scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware,Emsisoft Emergency Kit and or Hitman Pro
some type of backup solution
HTTPS Everywhere in Chrome & FF
Cofig looks good!! Thanks for sharing it :)

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
As i read you have all options covered ;),very good config and thanks for sharing:).

Najbrži

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 7, 2014
As i read you have all options covered ;),very good config and thanks for sharing:).
Its 'cuz of 15 years of experience on computer, since I was 10y old (year 2000) till now. Still I'm learning new stuff everyday like everyone else does :)

Reactions: tonibalas

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.