need help with fake fbi scam on my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

skate881488

Thread author
Jun 1, 2015
Hello,i need help unlocking my phone..my home screen is seized with a cyber security scheme instructing me to pay 500$ to avoid criminal charges...the phone i an LG.VOLT...I Have no idea how to fix.please help

D

Deleted member 21043

Hello @skate881488,

While I do not know the details of what is occuring on your phone currently, what I will do is I will reference you to attempt using Avast Ransomware Removal app for Android. If possible, please try to use it. (If you can).

You can read more about it over at the Google Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.malwareremoval&hl=en_GB

I'm afraid you are going to need to elaborate a bit more:

- When did the issue(s) start occuring?
- Is this message on a web browser, or is it really "locking" up your device?
- Could we possibly have an image of what the alert you are receiving looks like, if possible.

Cheers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.