Need suggestions on Good, reliable Security Software for an Android device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Hey Guys,

I am trying to help an older person install AV/A security product on their device (Android 4.4.2, a Samsung Device). The ideal product would be a legitimate software that doesn't require much user interaction or unnecessary prompts. It would need to be reliable and cost-effective if not free, while providing good to excellent protection. Please help me out here. Unfortunately, they don't understand the need for security software.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
I will also mention that it is connected to Exchange Server 2010 or 2013. Apps seem to be the biggest concern. I was thinking of Avast, but it caused lots of stability problems with my device.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
What do you guys think of Lookout Mobile Security (free or paid)? (Correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding, they focus more on app scanning than file system and email attachments - again I may be wrong)

The phone in question is running on official Android 4.4.2 right now. The phone is pretty new and should receive new updates for at least 1 more year - I hope.

ESET is also offering an awesome promotion for premium mobile protection at the moment. I have never used their products. Is ESET more cloud based like Webroot, or does it also have both extensive database updates? (which I see as a good thing -rather than relying solely on cloud detection).

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
What do you guys think of Kaspersky's App? It is Kaspersky Internet Security version 11.5.4.836. If anyone has knowledge regarding this, it would be great.

I am also still waiting on an answer regarding Lookout Mobile Security if anyone is familiar.

Thank you in advance!!!

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Got this via email. Might wanna checkout this,
Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android (100% Discount)

hSWd6Qs.png

Edit: Rus Anca posted it here

http://malwaretips.com/threads/bitd...oid-free-download-6-months-license-key.30732/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.