Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

Webroot SecureAnywhere delivers complete protection against viruses, spyware, and other online threats without slowing down computer performance or disrupting your normal activities. With its fast scans and one-click threat removal, you can rest assured that malware is eliminated quickly and easily. Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus uses a radically new cloud-based approach to online security that protects you against the latest threats as soon as they emerge. And it does so at blazing fast speeds, scanning your entire PC in about 2 minutes.

Features:

• Blocks viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkits, and other malware threats
  • Lightest, fastest antivirus for 2014 scans your entire PC in about two minutes
  • Stops unknown threats based on suspicious behavior
  • Continually updates itself so it's always current and you don't have to download updates
  • Prevents malicious programs from changing your security settings
  • Runs scans automatically or schedules them to run whenever you want
Webroot SecureAnywhere 8.0.8.53 changes:

Updated

• Simplified and automated the process to switch from one specific build to another.
  • Enabled Suppression of certain tray messages once the message is acknowledged (closed or button pressed).
Enhanced

• Protection Messaging.
  • Cloud detection logic.
  • Detection and remediation of malware running in memory.
Download: Webroot SecureAnywhere 8.0.8.53 | 801 KB (Shareware)
View: SecureAnywhere Website | Release Notes
Source

H

hjlbx

I know Webroot has improved dramatically... yet, I am not totally convinced of its overall protection.

It seems to be a mixed bag.

In any case, if Webroot can continue to improve... especially whatever behavioral monitor it is using, it could eventually be one of the "top dogs."

Wait and see.

Reactions: tonibalas

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
my favorite security solution right now .. I really love their approach.. it does what it's supposed to and it does it quietly and bug-free .. even it's beta versions run smoother than most other vendors I tried... I wish the best for webroot :)

Reactions: Petrovic
H

hjlbx

I am testing Webroot now.

I can confirm that it does, indeed, rollback when a CTB Locker infection occurs. The sample was MT Malware Hub. I am in process of trying others.

I've run a few malicious scripts, and they were blocked... but it is unclear in some cases due to a lack of infos from alerts or logs... so I have to investigate further.

It can also be set-up to create a default-deny system, but that is only as good as the Webroot softs database... so more evaluation is required. Webroot doesn't recommend it and on the forum a post states that its default-deny "would be really annoying... and unnecessary with logging and rollback features" (paraphrase).

It irks me regarding the lack of at least "Allow" and "Block" firewall controls on W8/8.1 systems... but I guess it is no big deal and can be handled by other means - e.g. GlassWire or Wndows Firewall Control.

I gotta tell ya' - it is much more interesting than I had expected.

It looks to me that Webroot has improved quite a bit.

R

rocky

On Win.7 I remember Allow or Block settings ( i believe there were four different options). I never realized it was different on W8/8.1 systems.

H

hjlbx

On Win.7 I remember Allow or Block settings ( i believe there were four different options). I never realized it was different on W8/8.1 systems.

Instead of just removing the firewall alert policy rules, Webroot removes all the firewall controls on W8/8.1 systems... AND they don't inform the potential user of this fact.

23gxs9t.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.