neverending's config

neverending

Thread author
Mar 10, 2014
Hello, im reformatting my PC for different reasons and I'm planning on using a light yet effective security software, i have never been infected on this PC although i did get infected before on my previous pc which was around 4 years ago (a keylogger).
Ill also make a system image right after formatting but i don't know many backup software.

Reactions: Exterminator

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Check that you have Service Pack 1 installed on your Windows 7 PC.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/service-packs-download#sptabs=win7
Start > Computer > Right-click > Properties > Under Windows edition.

Free Antivirus options:
Microsoft Security Essentials
Avira Free Antivirus (Unfortunately, it comes with Online Essentials)
Avast Free Antivirus (custom install recommended, Avast Tools are not required, may offer Google toolbar or Chrome - optional)

Paid Antivirus options:
Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus (14-day trial available) or Gamers edition ($20 for 1 PC/1 year - 50% saving).
ESET Nod32 Antivirus (30-day trial available)

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
Panda Cloud Anti-virus is light, but probably better to go with Avast or Avira as Huracan stated

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.