New Bitdefender Free version Just Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Bitdefender Free AV version 1.0.16.1023 just released this morning.
Will post release notes asap!

Z

ZeroDay

The Bitdefender free team are flying! the updates out at the moment aren't they.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was just about to ask, is this a bug that it keeps asking me to restart. Another update, await's changelog.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
It must be a proper update, had this come through on both machines. Unusual for them to update this often.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
They should start posting the Changelogs in the Logs > Events for every program update.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Thank you! For the information about the New BitDefender Free Version! (Update).
I even put BitDefender on a XP that have less than 1GB and work perfectly.
Hope that BitDefender keep this up. And they are serious about their software product. :cool:

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

For those how dosen't know, Bitdefender FREE will dosen't have Photon Technology. Photon is a feature of the paid Bitdefender 2014.

Have a nice day!

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Here's the change log:
Version 1023
- added new scan paths to installer for better detection
- new httproxy which fixes some Opera issues

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Paul.R said:
Hi!

For those how dosen't know, Bitdefender FREE will dosen't have Photon Technology. Photon is a feature of the paid Bitdefender 2014.

Have a nice day!
I'm not so sure it doesn't. Photon adapts and adjusts to your system over time to improve efficiency and performance - that's exactly what the free version does.
Shssss - don't tell anyone.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hello,

Topic: Small headche with New Bitdefender Free Version on 06/27/2013.

Update: New Bitdefender Free Version, blocking/throttle the hotmail.com
account. After, I turn off/exit New Bitdefender Free Version. My hotmail.com
will work!

Pass the information on, please!

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Hey Moose - Hotmail was actually off the net for a while this morning, tried it just now and it's up and working.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Maybe so, but check the comments:
http://www.hotforsecurity.com/blog/bitdefender-scan-technology-now-powered-by-photon-6477.html

Photon is a feature of the paid New Bitdefender. Momentarily, our free antivirus solution does not include this technology.

Thank you,
Loredana Botezatu

"Momentarily", so it could come to the Free version, who knows? :D

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
DrBeenGolfing said:
Hey Moose - Hotmail was actually off the net for a while this morning, tried it just now and it's up and working.

Working! Now! Many many thanks! :)

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Earth said:
Maybe so, but check the comments:
http://www.hotforsecurity.com/blog/bitdefender-scan-technology-now-powered-by-photon-6477.html

Photon is a feature of the paid New Bitdefender. Momentarily, our free antivirus solution does not include this technology.

Thank you,
Loredana Botezatu

"Momentarily", so it could come to the Free version, who knows? :D
"- added new scan paths to installer for better detection," - I think that is what was just added in this version.
I wrote Bitdefender complaining about it being slow and they told me to just keep using it and it would speed up as it adjusted to my system - which is exactly what Photon does.

Z

ZeroDay

DrBeenGolfing - How often is you Bdav free updating? I know it's cloud based but as I understand it, it updates once an hour. Is it currently updating hourly?

G

Guest28

Zeroday: I had installed Bitdefender free last night for a test and it was updating hourly. Everything was working well on my side. I change out my config almost everyday call me crazy but i know how almost every product behaves.

Z

ZeroDay

ryan said:
Zeroday: I had installed Bitdefender free last night for a test and it was updating hourly. Everything was working well on my side. I change out my config almost everyday call me crazy but i know how almost every product behaves.

Thank you Ryan. Maybe not crazy the way your switching could be the ultimate config :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.