New gaming rig.

OS installed
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A78LT-M (AM3)
CPU
Phenom II X4 965 OC'd to 3.85ghz (3885mhz)
GPU
EVGA GTX 285 1gb @stock clocks
RAM
4GB DDR3 1333 (same stick from previous PC)
Storage
320GB Seagate (48.8GB Back-up partition, 248GB Windows/Apps).
Accessories
Ultra 120mm pure copper CPU cooler.
Ultra LSP750p Powersupply (same powersupply from my last computer)
2x 80mm Coolermaster case fans (dissapointed with them but didn't have money to buy new ones)
Using a 19inch Dell (1440x900 @ 60hz).
Also base (HT/CPU) clock is 210 (10mhz higher than stock 200mhz)
CPU Multi is running at 18.5x (up from 17x stock).
S

SkyJP

Oh god I have a 2nd gen Sandy Bridge i5 =D

Is the backup partition on the same hard drive? It seems a little redundant if the whole hard drive fails on a miserable Monday morning.

I think you can get a 320GB portable HDD for around ~£20 / ~$35

rienna

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 28, 2015
Gonna be tossing it on ebay actually. Minus the drive and ram.
The problem is I have Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity. (It's a documented medical condition).
And the Powersupply, well it puts out A-LOT of EMR, as badly as those old dell CRTs.
And the heat from the rest of the system doesn't help. :/

My plans were to play games like SRThird and such. but I can't have it on for more than 2seconds without getting a major case of what feels like a flu. (nausea, vomitting feeling, etc). >~< Which it did max out, but what good is it if it makes my room so hot the AC can't even keep up? And makes me sick to boot? Blargh

And I have no money for another drive to begin with. lol
I could try selling my big old but gorgeous 27inch Sony Wega Trinitron. They still get bought left and right by CRT lovers for nearly 400$ in some cases, hell some pay 1,000$ for the HD (1080i, aka the "FD Trinitron" models)....so yeah.

I also still have a defective 1155 MSI board lying around I could probably go get fixed once I have money. Thinking of doing that, and grabbing a Pentium G850 or G870. (50-60$) Which should actually be faster but cooler than this Phenom, at least in games like Skyrim that demand a higher IPC over raw GHZ.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.