New Steam UI Concept

• Thread starter Deleted member 21043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author
Hey.

I asked someone on a idea for me to make a new UI concept for in Visual Studio and they suggested I made a new Steam UI Concept.

As usual, I have made this in Visual Studio (my favorite tool for designing and coding User Interfaces).

I will probably be doing a lot of User Interfaces because I am trying to become better at designing software.

Below is a screenshot of the interface:

steam_Userinterface_Concept.png

I do not own the game images displayed in the grid in the User Interface. Nor, do I own the background image used. If you are the owner, I will remove them and update the interface if requested too.

Update 1:
I have made it so when you hover over a game item on there grid, the blue bar at the bottom slides upwards and displays the description.

If you have any feedback, please comment it. Sometimes negative comments help the author to become better at designing!

Considering Steam haven't made a new UI in a very long time (or at all), I thought I should attempt the challenge. If you have any UI challenges for me to attempt, please comment them and I shall consider them.

Thanks. In the future I may possibly make a "Chat" UI concept for it, UI for receiving messages and notifications, and possibly some of the other tabs. *possibly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How old is the current Steam UI?

D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author
How old is the current Steam UI?
I'm actually not sure. I would imagine it has been in use for a long time. I remember a few years ago I installed it and I don't think the UI was different.

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.