New Viral Video Scam on Facebook: ‘Girl Killed by Husband for Kissing Another Man’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
A new viral video scam has lured thousands of Facebook users with a fake tape of a girl killed by her husband because she kissed another man, according to Bitdefender. The antivirus software provider revealed the scam continues to claim victims among curious social networkers, and drops adware or malicious code on targeted computers.
More than 4,000 people apparently liked and shared the video, but the numbers may be faked by scammers seeking to add credibility to the bait.
It all starts with a horrifying message on a friend’s timeline. “Girl killed by husband just because she kissed another men.” Yes, all you grammar Nazis, women and men, read that right! The bait is apparent footage of an Asian woman about to get her head chopped off with a sword.
The scammy video is spreading on Facebook timelines and groups, as well as on fraudulent blogs and other web sites. Some even explain how the footage ended up on the Internet. “Her husband made this video and uploaded it online,” descriptions read.

Read More

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Is it possible for you to go see that video in a VM and gather the sample if it triggers/asks for a download ?
You could certainly try it!

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Well if you have the link, you can send me it via PM and I'll check it out tonight once I get home.
Or I'll try to find it by Googling it.
Give me a few minutes to locate it!

Last edited:

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Well if you have the link, you can send me it via PM and I'll check it out tonight once I get home.
Or I'll try to find it by Googling it.
You have a PM

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I checked the link in one of my VMs and I can tell you that nothing was dropped on the system.
No downloads was triggered. If I click on both the "videos", I only get redirected to random websites, that's it.

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I checked the link in one of my VMs and I can tell you that nothing was dropped on the system.
No downloads was triggered. If I click on both the "videos", I only get redirected to random websites, that's it.
Thanks!!:)
Maybe the scam was "cleaned"!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.