Windows
Fav. Videogame
Jewel Quest Solitaire

Jillayne

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2014
:) Hello all. I'm new to this forum and glad to be here. :D Hello all. I'm new to this forum and glad to be here. :D My desktop has just been awakened a few days ago, from a deep 3 year sleep. I updated everything and then cleaned up any infections. I'm not sure I got everything though. I wasn't able to load my security package through Charter internet service (why, I don't know). I contacted Charter and I'm waiting for a return email from the "experts" that the tech rep reported to because they couldn't help me. I do have the Microsoft Security Essentials loaded but I don't know if that's enough and I'm guessing it's not.

Last edited:

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
@Jillayne Hey, there Jill :), welcome to the forum! I am pretty sure your stay here will be both enjoyable and informative. MSE (Microsoft Security Essential) is fine, i am assuming you are using Windows 7? Take things one step at a time so you don't get overwhelmed.

All the folks here are great people, and i am sure they will help you out with whatever help you may ever need with the best of their abilities.

If you have some important documents you may want to keep a backup on a portable hard drive or you can get a backup solution that will do the lifting for you, though we will get to that on a later date.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers!

Jillayne

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2014
@Jillayne Hey, there Jill :), welcome to the forum! I am pretty sure your stay here will be both enjoyable and informative. MSE (Microsoft Security Essential) is fine, i am assuming you are using Windows 7? Take things one step at a time so you don't get overwhelmed.

All the folks here are great people, and i am sure they will help you out with whatever help you may ever need with the best of their abilities.

If you have some important documents you may want to keep a backup on a portable hard drive or you can get a backup solution that will do the lifting for you, though we will get to that on a later date.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers!
Thanx Mercurial. I truly will appreciate all the help this site/forum, and it's members send my way

Jillayne

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2014

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers!
I have Vista. Thanx for the positives

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Jillayne, and a warm welcome from these (our) forums as well as this extraordinary community which abounds with it's own wide array of knowledgeable and experienced "experts"!!:) You are already helping others here through strengthening our numbers by your very smart decision to join!:p Thanks! We'd previously used Charter Communications in our home, the most reasonably priced among the available local ISP choices in our area, though more recently we've gone with another provider because of too many missed :confused:"communications".o_O Their customer service was sincere, and yet the connection itself lacked the minimum of what we required. My wish is your experience shall be more satisfactory, and special congratulations to you on "...waking your sleeping desktop". It's still alive!:cool:;) Buwah-ha-ha-hahaha..hahh!:D

Last edited:

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Hello Jillayne, and a warm welcome from these (our) forums as well as this extraordinary community which abounds with it's own wide array of knowledgeable and experienced "experts"!!:) You are already helping others here though strengthening our numbers by your very smart decision to join!:p Thanks! We'd previously used Charter Communications in our home, the most reasonably priced among the available local ISP choices in our area, though more recently we've gone with another provider because of too many missed :confused:"communications".o_O Their customer service was sincere, and yet the connection itself lacked the minimum of what we required. My wish is your experience shall be more satisfactory, and special congratulations to you on "...waking your sleeping desktop". It's still alive!:cool:;) Buwah-ha-ha-hahaha..hahh!:D
@Cats-4_Owners-2 You! What are you doing here wallowing away your time? Weren't you suppose to be in Greece? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.