Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Source-------------http://www.howtogeek.com/201354/ninite-is-the-only-safe-place-to-get-windows-freeware/

Ninite is a free tool that automatically downloads, installs, and updates various Windows programs for you, skipping past the evil toolbar offers. For Windows users, Ninite is arguably the only really safe place to get freeware.

This application is far more than a tool for tech support people to easily set up PCs. It’s a place you can get safe Windows freeware without trawling the usual download sites full of harmful garbage.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
The only negative about it for me is that it cannot update the libreoffice installations.
It uninstalls the old version but are not able to install the new.
After this you cannot even install libreoffice by hand, it gets stuck in the middle of the installation.
You have to clean out your registry first, reboot and then install again.
Happened on 3 installs now...

/W

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
The only negative about it for me is that it cannot update the libreoffice installations.
It uninstalls the old version but are not able to install the new.
After this you cannot even install libreoffice by hand, it gets stuck in the middle of the installation.
You have to clean out your registry first, reboot and then install again.
Happened on 3 installs now...

/W
Yeah, that's a problem, and not a small one. Hope they fix that soon.
Thanks for the heads up on that.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I use Ninite and PatchMyPC. I also know about sumo but looks like it only download the updates exe files not automatically do everything. Is there anything else that can update/install multiple apps at once?

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.