Nirv's set-up

Nirv5668

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
Edit: I am liking the set-up (love CIS), but have made a few changes, like adding McShield (to check external USB's), because I am moving things back and forth and don't 100% trust the other computers.

Last edited:

Nirv5668

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
For backups you could give Aomei Backupper a try there is a free version and works really well. :) Thanks for sharing. ;)
Great, thanks, I will give that a try- I have been pretty all over the place with backups- would be nice to get organized!

Reactions: frogboy
H

hjlbx

Hello nirv,

Just a suggestion...

AOMEI Backupper will handle all your back-up needs.

You can get a free Lifetime license for version 2.2 (auto updates to v2.5) in the Giveaways sub-forum here at MT.

Link and provided key are still good.

Nirv5668

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
Hello nirv,

Just a suggestion...

AOMEI Backupper will handle all your back-up needs.

You can get a free Lifetime license for version 2.2 (auto updates to v2.5) in the Giveaways sub-forum here at MT.

Link and provided key are still good.
Okay, excellent. This seems to be a very popular software- glad I learned about it.

Reactions: frogboy

Nirv5668

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
Unless Comodo provides some sort of exploit protection - which I'm not aware of - then MBAE won't overlap with it.
Good to hear- I didn't see any obvious exploit protection, but I wasn't 100% sure I understood the configuration. I will keep it then! Its pretty silent and unobtrusive.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Your problem may handled well with CIS as long you monitor everything and configured well for Sandbox option then you don't need to worry about.

Glasswire is more a network monitor tool/with manual firewall configuration so it should not provide conflict with CIS.

Reactions: Nirv5668 and scot

Nirv5668

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
Your problem may handled well with CIS as long you monitor everything and configured well for Sandbox option then you don't need to worry about.

Glasswire is more a network monitor tool/with manual firewall configuration so it should not provide conflict with CIS.
Okay, great. I was thinking it might be better to have as few things running as possible, but glasswire it is a helpful overview. I just ignore the firewall part since it works with windows firewall.

I got the feeling CIS was very configuration dependent, so fingers crossed. I have it set to sandbox all unknown, which might be the default with proactive anyway. My concern is a known program being used in an unauthorized way- for example some sort of remote access tool, admin tool...something like that. So far it seems pretty good, but I haven't really tested it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.